2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Love this car
By baydriver300 on 02/08/12 16:04 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased used in '10 with only 20K miles. It now reads 45K and has just had it's first 'major' service at my local dealer and it was a shock! Folks say that they are expensive to maintain? First year was cheap! The dealer had all it's service history and all it needed was an oil change. My last service shocked me at how components wear quickly on these cars. Yes, you could probably go 100K with just oil changes/inspections but you are asking for trouble down the road if you plan to keep it. Control rod bushings @ 40K $650, brake and cooling flush @ 40K $289 each! etc. etc. If you want to make the car last AND maintain PEAK performance/handling these things are necessary.

Love AND Reliability
By halohead on 01/13/11 05:35 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Have had my 2005 325 convert for 4 years (bought it used), put 40k miles on it, and have treated it well. In return, it has been a joy to drive, beautiful to look at, and way more reliable than the Ford and Chevy I've owned--on a par with the stalwart Altima on which I put 100k miles. This is the best car I've ever owned, and I've owned a few. There are things I'd change (some of the interior fixtures could be better quality). But nothing beats hearing that growly engine and feeling the car drive like a part of myself.

2005 325 CiC Private Party Purchase
By neprop on 06/21/10 18:45 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased this vehicle used in San Diego with 37K miles. All package options. What a fun car to drive; looks great; rides great. Mileage is good for this type of vehicle and this is a relatively heavy vehicle; you can feel the soundness of the car and you can hear it as the doors close. Best part for me is that I prefer the E46 styling over the newer look and by buying used I paid circa $20K instead of $50K plus new. Large enough for a family of four for drive arounds, and perfect for two.

Doesn't get any better.
By captainmp on 11/04/07 01:22 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

A classy, sports sedan. Puts a Porsche to shame. Beautiful, powerful, sure handling - great soft top with more quiet than most sedans. Take regular care of it and it'll probably outlive you and still remain fun!

Amazing
By Captain of Sports on 10/18/06 14:55 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

No more power is ever necessary unless you're racing. The car is smoothly quick, quiet and secure. No matter how I try, I haven't made it feel the least bit insecure on windey roads at high speed. It really is AMAZING how much fun it is.

Look out, here I come
By 2boriginal on 08/22/05 15:12 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

What a fun drive. I wouldn't recommend for really long trips (one, I couldn't fit all of my luggage into the car, two gas mileage isn't the best - but then I don't keep it to 55 either) but for zipping around town... no doubt about it. Love getting all the extra attention!

325 ci
By Enzo on 07/31/05 16:20 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It is a very nice car with many interesting features.

Zooming with Sunshine !
By dave on 07/30/05 12:42 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I haven't had this much driving in ten years! The convertible is "nifty" and easy to use, and the car handles like a roadster. Feul economy is lousy 17 mpg in the city, but the car is SO much fun to drive that it's worth it ! Loving It !!

sun loving
By Jeanne on 07/09/05 10:42 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is fun to drive & gets a lot of attention on the road. Even though it's not the powerful 330 engine, it handles the Texas hill country curves like a dream!

This car ROCKS!
By Wendy on 06/04/05 11:06 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've moved from an 03 Suburban to this 325ci Convertible. They obviously don't compare....the handling power of the BMW is phenomenal. Almost gives you a false sense of security when taking a corner a bit too fast. Also best to utilize the cruise control because you can be going 90 and not even realize it........I'm a new BMW fan!