2005 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
fun but expensive to drive
By agcanada on 02/24/14 16:12 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Germans know how to make a great driving car. The combination of ride and handling, performance and comfort has been elusive for North American and Asian car manufacturers alike - but the Germans have been doing it for years. I bought my 2005 330Ci M Sport used in 2013 with under 40K miles to replace my 2001 Porsche Boxster (also with 40K miles) because I needed a back seat for my kids in my summer daily driver. Having owned a BMW before, I knew I was getting into a high-maintenance car. In my experience, these cars cost more to run than modern Porsches. Be prepared to buy the parts and do the work yourself, or pay big labour bills.

Run Forrest Run! (Do NOT buy this car!)
By okhunter on 09/20/11 14:57 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

All of the hype you hear about German engineering is pure unadulterated bugle oil. I'd take any car built in the orient, including a Hyundai, before I'd ever own another BMW. Parts literally fall off (outside mirrors, vent controls), the power top has malfunctioned on many occasions, this thing EATS tires, the water pump went out, the coolant reservoir cracked, brake life is a joke, brake dust is never-ending, the windows squeak, and that is just what I can remember off the top of my head. The dealership is the only one in town, and believe me they know it. Not once have I ever taken it in for service that I didn't have to leave it overnight! And all this for a sticker price over $50K!

Best car ever!
By Draw214 on 05/19/10 14:02 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded in my 2007 Chrysler 300 for a 2005 BMW 330CI Convertible. I know some of you may be thinking, "why would you trade a 2007 for a 2005?". In my case, I wanted something that was both Sportier and more Luxurious than the base model 300. This car "fits the bill" and more than I could have ever expected. I have owned SEVERAL Sports Cars and Luxury Cars, and this car is BY FAR the best of both worlds. It had relatively low mileage (60K) for a 2005, and is a Certified Pre Owned, with the 100K warranty and maintenance package intact. You cannot get a better, more rounded car for the money ($20K) spent, in my honest opinion. I was never a BMW fan, UNTIL NOW!

Worlds Worst Vehicle
By lknarea on 02/02/10 06:17 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Do not get me wrong, Really Nice "Looking" Car. That is it ,though. Rides like a board, Problems with top, Ac, Wheel Bearings, Alignment issues, Power windows stopped working all under 40k miles. German engineered junk. Same as a VW. Problematic. Unreal for a $50k new price tag. So dissapointed, I sold it and lost $10k, But ius what worth it because I figured That would be the cost of a few Scheduled Maint. intervals. Seriously, No Joke, My wife loved the looks, But PLEASE, PLEASE trust me, It will be a Bad mistake to purchase one.

Our Florida Dream Car
By Frankie. & Sue on 09/02/09 08:38 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having recently moved down to St. Petersburg, Florida from Collingswood, New Jersey, my wife and I decided to trade in our boring 2005 Camry XLE for a Certified Previously Owned 2005 BMW 330Ci Convertible. It is our first Beemer/Bimmer and we love it! There is definitely a reason they call it the Ultimate Driving Machine. It is that incredible connection to the road. Hugging the road as if on a rail and its smooth strong power make a good driver into an excellent driver. This is why it is always #1 in all the car mags...try one and you will be spoiled. It is our Florida Dream Car!

You know you want the convertible
By Lexventura on 05/26/09 22:48 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have owned this gorgeous pre owned (CPO) car for a month now. I routinely get stopped in parking lots for questions. The style has aged so gracefully, many people think its a new car with the top down. Car is composed at all times. My first BMW (after Lexus, Acura), I didn't expect the hype to be true, but it is: the BMW ride is firm but forgivingly compliant at the same time. No lean, no roll but my wife likes the smoothness better than our Lexus. Car has new Michelin Pilots. Power is more than sufficient. On starting, the exhaust note is a pleasantly refined but assertive rumble. You do sit very low in this car, so be prepared to look up at nearly every other vehicle on the road.

Truly "The Ultimate Driving Machine"
By Amir on 08/26/06 23:53 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 330ci convertible with the performance package option and I have no regrets. I love everything about the car, from the growl of the engine to the way it grips the road. I can honestly say that driving this car is such an experience that it will even cheer you up when your having a bad day (or so my friends who drive it say). It is a well engineered and designed automobile. Great job BMW!

BMW 330CIC
By Robert on 02/25/06 17:47 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Good looking. Handles excellent and has plenty of horsepower.

This is awesome
By BR on 11/01/05 14:48 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the most fun I've ever had behind the wheel of a car. Top down is more fun than I can describe, top up, you'd never know you were in a convertible.

what's not to like?
By robert silver on 08/19/05 19:05 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent appointments, easy to use controls to raise and lower top. easy to use master control for windows. great pickup but can't outrun the gas station. also, gauge that shows the mileage per gallon is unnecessary, and very disconserting.