Used 2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2005 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

fun but expensive to drive
By agcanada

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Germans know how to make a great driving car. The combination of ride and handling, performance and comfort has been elusive for North American and Asian car manufacturers alike - but the Germans have been doing it for years. I bought my 2005 330Ci M Sport used in 2013 with under 40K miles to replace my 2001 Porsche Boxster (also with 40K miles) because I needed a back seat for my kids in my summer daily driver. Having owned a BMW before, I knew I was getting into a high-maintenance car. In my experience, these cars cost more to run than modern Porsches. Be prepared to buy the parts and do the work yourself, or pay big labour bills.

Favorite Features

Ride/handling trade-off, performance, classic BMW styling, assembly quality. Lots of fun to drive in the twisties.

Suggested Improvements

The basic car is durable, but what BMW's definition of consumable is too broad, including the entire cooling system, suspension bushings, ball joints, etc. The company that makes a car drive like a BMW but reliable like a Honda or Toyota is going to make a killing!!

Run Forrest Run! (Do NOT buy this car!)
By okhunter

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

All of the hype you hear about German engineering is pure unadulterated bugle oil. I'd take any car built in the orient, including a Hyundai, before I'd ever own another BMW. Parts literally fall off (outside mirrors, vent controls), the power top has malfunctioned on many occasions, this thing EATS tires, the water pump went out, the coolant reservoir cracked, brake life is a joke, brake dust is never-ending, the windows squeak, and that is just what I can remember off the top of my head. The dealership is the only one in town, and believe me they know it. Not once have I ever taken it in for service that I didn't have to leave it overnight! And all this for a sticker price over $50K!

Favorite Features

Looks, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Start over from the ground up, or just wave a white flag.

Best car ever!
By Draw214

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded in my 2007 Chrysler 300 for a 2005 BMW 330CI Convertible. I know some of you may be thinking, "why would you trade a 2007 for a 2005?". In my case, I wanted something that was both Sportier and more Luxurious than the base model 300. This car "fits the bill" and more than I could have ever expected. I have owned SEVERAL Sports Cars and Luxury Cars, and this car is BY FAR the best of both worlds. It had relatively low mileage (60K) for a 2005, and is a Certified Pre Owned, with the 100K warranty and maintenance package intact. You cannot get a better, more rounded car for the money ($20K) spent, in my honest opinion. I was never a BMW fan, UNTIL NOW!

Favorite Features

Beautiful interior and exterior. Awesome design and engineering both mechanically and aesthetically. Convertible is a MUST! Even after 6 years old, this car looks, runs and handles like no new car I have ever owned/driven. The 100K warranty and maintenance package covers EVERYTHING besides tires.

Suggested Improvements

Small back seat, even for my kids who are 5 and 7 years old. But this car is for ME, the kids can ride in the Expedition :oD The convertible top makes noises, and the leather on the seat bolsters gets worn easily, but are both covered by warranty and will be repaired/replaced. I LOVE THIS CAR!

Worlds Worst Vehicle
By lknarea

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Do not get me wrong, Really Nice "Looking" Car. That is it ,though. Rides like a board, Problems with top, Ac, Wheel Bearings, Alignment issues, Power windows stopped working all under 40k miles. German engineered junk. Same as a VW. Problematic. Unreal for a $50k new price tag. So dissapointed, I sold it and lost $10k, But ius what worth it because I figured That would be the cost of a few Scheduled Maint. intervals. Seriously, No Joke, My wife loved the looks, But PLEASE, PLEASE trust me, It will be a Bad mistake to purchase one.

Favorite Features

looks, That is it.

Suggested Improvements

Build Quality Ride Ground Clearance -- ripped off spoiler twice-- Engineering

Our Florida Dream Car
By Frankie. & Sue

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having recently moved down to St. Petersburg, Florida from Collingswood, New Jersey, my wife and I decided to trade in our boring 2005 Camry XLE for a Certified Previously Owned 2005 BMW 330Ci Convertible. It is our first Beemer/Bimmer and we love it! There is definitely a reason they call it the Ultimate Driving Machine. It is that incredible connection to the road. Hugging the road as if on a rail and its smooth strong power make a good driver into an excellent driver. This is why it is always #1 in all the car mags...try one and you will be spoiled. It is our Florida Dream Car!

Favorite Features

Superb Handling and Power, Great Looks, Quiet Convertible, Great Sound System, Friendly & Responsive BMW Service.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to improve upon perfection.