2004 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Lexington KY 325xi Driver

2004 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

325xi Sedan (2.5L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Lexington KY 325xi Driver
By RWS on

2004 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned my BMW a year and have put 20,000 miles on it. The car is very enjoyable to drive. In fact, I keep volunteering to drive it even on days where it's my car pool partner's turn. I drive 25 miles each way to work through pretty countryside and it's probably my favorite portion of my day. The 5-speed automatic is very smooth shifting. I also feel secure in the car due to the great handling and braking as well as the sturdy construction. I do wish the car were a bit lighter; I believe it's 3,400 pounds contribute to so-so gas mileage (particularly poor in-town mpg) and overtaxes the engine a bit. Rear seat room is minimal, but I believe typical for a sport compact.

I enjoy the handing a great deal. I also think the car is a very pretty one (mine is silver) inside and out. It offers the right mix of sportiness and luxury for me. I also appreciate the strong resale value as well as the long periods between recommended servicing and the 50K/4YR warranty.

I'd like to see the weight trimmed by a couple of hundred pounds. The quality of the leather on the seats is suspect - I'm pretty carefull but have experienced small tears on the backseat as well as a flaking off of small pieces of the leather on the side bolster of the driver's seat.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review