Used 2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Very Disappointed in this car
By mikmat

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car has had too many problems and BMW service have not done a good job at addressing them. I am tired of hearing that they cannot duplicate the problem. At about 4K miles the rear differential had to be replaced (with a rebuilt one). Car stalls at idle. One dealer replaced the ignition coil as a fix, but problem occurred within 30 minutes after the fix. Another dealers claimed that there was no problem, but finally admitted that it was an engine software problem for which a fix does not yet exisit. Shifting into 1st gear is hard at times. Speakers rattle. There is excess wind noise at hwy speeds. window regulator had to be replaced. A disappointment.

Favorite Features

The car is fun to drive, assuming that you can ingnore the excess wind noise and have a day when the car does not stall while at idle.

Suggested Improvements

Spend some time doing some quality control.

Yikes!
By Lucy the Dog

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I LOVE this car. It is beautiful to look at. It rides and handles like a fighter jet(I'm guessing).I feel happy to run the most mundane errands. Room for 5 plus sports car dynamics. I got the M- sport option,18 inch rims, body kit,stiffer suspension, and I love the sense of oneness with the road it brings. I tested the Acura TL,and almost bought one. Then I drove the 330ci. Rear wheel drive is the only way to go. I got a great lease rate and super high residual. So it costs not much more than an Accord or Passat.

Favorite Features

Handling in tight corners. Smooth shifting hi in the rev range. DSC. Brakes. 6 speed. Hi speed stability. Paint quality. Fit and finish.Understated exterior. Simple hi quality interior.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo.

330Ci/Silver/18"/AUTO/Sports/Nav
By MyBimmer

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My review: Get the Nav system. Leatherette is as good as leather but cheaper with less maintence. Get the sunroof. The Septronic AUTO is fun. Wish I had upgraded the xenons. The upgrade from 325 to 330 is expensive, but there's a noticable power difference (esp. with the AUTO). The 330Ci: perfect car for a single guy. Surprisingly roomy for 4 adults, rear seats fold down for two full golf sets or luggage, perfect fun for road trips (esp with the Nav). My advice, spend the extra dough and get the Bimmer over the japanese cars. There's just that extra pinache about driving up in Bimmer that you do not get in japanese cars.

Favorite Features

18" Wheels ($900--Bargain), Nav System (quite good and I've seen lots), Handling , Styling (Timeless).

Suggested Improvements

Brake Dust, Cup Holder Design, More HP, Better Fuel Efficiency.

best of the best
By like bimmers

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have owned Saabs, Porsches, Evos, Wrxs &have to say BMW 3 series are the best of the lot from fun, performance, relialability, value . The list goes on. Only sports sedan we would have,including the Porsche which is obviosly not a sedan. Best all round performer.

Favorite Features

Quality, fit ,finish, relialability, fun to drive, great touring car or just a quick trip to the grocery store.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system could be a little easier to use

Don't Be Afraid of the BEST!!!!
By beemkid20

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am 22 years old. I work hard every day to drive a luxury/sport automobile. This is the BEST BEST car I have ever owned. I have had 2001 S4, 2002 C32, and now 2003 330Ci. The beemer has had not a single problem in 40000 hard, hard driven miles. My Audi and Benz were in the shop every other week. Six sets of brakes and two new trans later, I bought the BMW. Won't regret it ever. Just bought new 05' 335Ci with performance pck. Thats right, 335Ci. Pick it up in August. People don't buy BMWs because they know they are better than everything else. Get sucked in, you won't regret it.

Favorite Features

Handling, Acceleration, Stares, RWD, cupholders, Bulletproof Reliability and I mean bulletproof. Free Service, VALUE!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Seatbelts, rear seat ingress/exit, needs Homelink & Alarm, lid for cupholders, but anything else is tedious and not worth mentioning or fixing.