2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
330i nice ss but needs some improving on
By pp9975/Paul on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Pros: Great handling takes curves with ease. I was afraid of pushing the vehicle to hard in turns but somehow it begs to be driven harder. Good gas mileage on highway (32 mpg around 65mph)Cons: Cheap interior plastic, going over bumps I can hear plastic rattling as it just doesn't fit right. The engine has a bit too much growl inside the cabin. I owned an IS300 prior to this and Lexus engine is so much more subdued even when pushed. The interior on the IS was more refined simply because the cabin is quiet and you can't hear the plastic when going over bumps. Harmon Kardon needs improvement. My IS with Nackamichi was much better. Overall: Truly a SPORTS car with little luxury conveniences

Fun city driving
By Cástor on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A bit tight for drives over 100 miles. I bit hard to get in and out for a 60+ youngster, but definitely a great fun car to drive. Great classic looks. Extra power that gets you out of compromissed situations. Real milage consumtion if you want to enjoy the sports feel is 14/15 town, 19/22 road.

This car is the worst
By Khryssie77 on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my BMW for a few years now, and I have had nothing but problems with it. It is constantly in the shop at the dealership having parts repaired. I have brought this car in once a month for the past two years. I have had terrible experiences with BMW and have friends that have experienced the same problems. This is the last time I will ever purchase a BMW and I definately do not recommend this car to people who are considering it.

Love it!!!!
By Silversj on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I've ever driven. Would definitely by again.

First time BMW Owner
By critacco on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

According to the automotive press, this car is the standard for performance sedans and I would have to agree. The car drives like it's on rails and there is constant power throughout the pedel. The leatherette is good enough that I don't even tell people that it's fake. I like the smooth shifts and feedback from the engine. This is a true drivers care.

No doubt...the best
By Senna #1 on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have owned 325's, A4, & Passat in past and this car is simply the best. When compared to TL, G35, & even A4 it seems expensive at first, until you drive it for a few days. Sticks to the road with minimal road noise, doesn't give you a back/buttache on long trips and still provides the panache of a BMW. Power is steady to redline with tire grip and brakes to give you confidence to take on any corner and have the ability to correct any driver mistake. I have 12,000 miles on mine with no problems to date. Still have not driven it in snow but it drives like it's on rails thru heavy rain. Xenon lamps are worth the extra expense.

bmw 330i
By vineux on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great in every way. My last car was an Infiniti, and I like this car much better...

A car for driving enthusiasts
By silverbullet owner on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my new 330i 6 weeks ago and have loved every minute driving it. This car is definately the car for those who like to drive.

The best car in the world review!
By aaron carter on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I think this care is a car that can be bought by people who are middle class, and buy wealthy, and still have the same kind of performance, and driveablity, as a mercedes or porsches. This car is definately "The Ultimate Driving Machine" I love having this type of car. I will not buy another american car ever!

Sporty and solid. Fun to drive.
By JIM M on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Almost one month old and 500 miles later. The car rides and handles great with a tight, solid and sporty feel.The car really hugs the road on turns and the slight roar of the engine enhances the performance care experience. Not a single problem to date.