Used 2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Best in its class--again.
By matthew

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

325xi with steptronic purchased as certified pre-owned with 18500 miles. Car is like new - agile handling, superb steering, fair to good acceleration (best from 25 mph to 75 mph), and solid feel. Interior leather, carpet, etc., all of high quality with no signs of wear. Seats are firm and comfortable. Cold weather package is a great option but fold-down seats or at least a pass-through should be standard feature on this car as trunk space is limited. Jet black paint is nice but optional metallic paint looks better on this model as 325s lack the chrome trim of the 330s models. Driving experience is great whether on highway or twisty back roads. H-K sound upgrade is good but not outstanding.

Favorite Features

Handling, steering, overall solid feel. Overall design still holds up well since originally introduced in 1999 model year. Cold weather package is great convenience option--heated seats, split fold-down rear seats, ski sack. Steptronic auto transmission is excellent though not as involving as stick

Suggested Improvements

The 2.5 six lacks low-end power of the 3.0 but is fine otherwise. Trunk space and interior storage space generally is limited. Leather seats should be standard with premium package and cloth should be available as alternative to vinyl (leatherette). Trunk lid should open from inside when locked.

Luv It
By Pam White

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second BMW I have owned. The first was a 1999 323i and it was my most favorite car - but I totaled it on the ice. It saved my life, as I slid into ongoing traffic and was hit in the driver door with a van on the interstate. I walked away without a scratch. I finally found the 2004 325i that I have now. It is now my most favorite car. More power, came with arm rest and doesn't hesitate at starts into traffic

Favorite Features

Love the feel and handle on the road. I get much better gas mileage than advertised. (25 in town and 32 on hwy)

Suggested Improvements

Regular Gas please

Great Car
By Mario

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've only had the car for a few weeks but this is easily the best all around car I've ever owned. It's fit/finish and comfort are almost perfect.

Favorite Features

The manual transmission is the smoothest I've ever driven.

Suggested Improvements

As with all cars, more power (which they added to the 2006) and better mileage, though the 24-25mpg I've been getting, I can definitely live with.

Information
By Bob

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I moved from a 1986 Acura Legend (first US model) to the 325i Bimmer due to a favorable military overseas purchase price. The BMW is what they say it is but it is not perfect. I find the layout of buttons regulating windows (in the center console) to be awkward compared to almost all other cars with controls mounted on the door armrest area; if you live in a gated community, the frequent use of this item can be a nuisance. The trunk is too small for more than one set of golf clubs! Otherwise, this machine is impeccable in construction and the performance is outstanding, especially at high speeds!

Favorite Features

Classic styling; quality throughout; performance with economy.

Suggested Improvements

Larger trunk; simplify interior controls -- they are too complicated (too many options) for the average non- pilot type.

Solid Fun
By Chuck W

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Leased new - still really enjoy the vehicle - anticipate buying at the end of the 3 years. Drives smoothly w/more than enough motor to go when and where you need it. Commutes easily, highway powerful and back road perfect. X is nice in the snow - confident handling. Love the look. Feel is solid and comfortable the "leatherette" manual seats are actually quite nice and worry free. Two repairs [windshield stone at dealer and rear end collision out sourced] both done well. BMW dealer maintenance convenient w/nice loaners - and we use the free car wash Saturday AM at our dealer] Perfect two-person vehicle - back seat room larger than appears, but not expansive. Runs on premium.

Favorite Features

Driving feel and confidence - smooth shift/ plenty of power/ control and powerful brakes. Ipod connectivity - basic audio system plenty nice for an old guy.

Suggested Improvements

More interior room front and back seat - second cup holder that you can access w/the armrest down. [oh wait that's the 5 series]