2004 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
330xi ROCKS!
By PDXLager on 11/09/05 07:16 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Upgraded from a 2002 Saab 9-3 which had plenty of turbo-charged power, but it couldn't handle it (torque steer, spinning tires, etc.) The BMW 330xi is amazing. It's solid, well- balanced, handles corners like they're not even there, is quick off the line.... it's great. The only dings are for storage space, fuel economy, and (because it's lacking the winter package) not having fold-down rear seats. Other than that: perfect.

Almost perfect
By Sean Craft on 11/07/05 01:03 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I am a huge BMW fan. Once you get them into your blood, they are impossible to get out of your system. This model is small with very limited rear seat room and a tiny, shallow trunk, so try it on for size. While very sophisticated technically and engineered to perfection the interior is looking dated. The 325's smaller inline 6 is a little weak down low, but is fine for passing and highway work. Very smooth powertrain, great ride, smooth in every way. The last two year's models have much more standard equipment then older models. They had standard sunroof and rain sensing wipers, CD and full power. They could use standard driver's power seat at least for this pr

Follow-up Review 1 Year Later
By TechJunkie on 10/10/05 08:41 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The driving experience dramatically improved after I replaced the stock Continental tires with Pirelli PZero Nero. The cold start issues I had were resolved with a software update. The flickering trunk light was resolved by replacing the locking mechanism. The felt next to the weather stripping on both doors were replaced as the original glue did not hold. The moon roof's sliding shade was replaced as the plastic clips broke off. I'm currently getting 27 MPG on the HWY with conservative driving speeds. I have put over 43k miles. I took it on a cross country 6.2k mile road trip, and received compliments at gas stations and in Canada.

'04 BMW 330 Performance Package
By Bill on 10/06/05 21:33 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm 6'1" 220. A little small and under powered for me. Matters not, it's the wife's car, never was about me. She loves everything about it. No getting rid of her baby. Things that are important to me. No problems mechanically, not even waranty issues. Never had to bring the car in. 12000 miles before oil change as per onboard computer. Tires wearing well, that's a good thing because they're */- $300.00 each.(Z rated tires). I find it fun to drive on short trips but highway driving, well, give me my suburban or a 540i any day.

What 3 series is all about
By pazman on 09/07/05 16:49 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned 2 E30 body style 3 series (early 90's), as well as a Z3. This 2004 325i gets me back to my roots and back to what i expect from a BMW - riding on rails, good acceleration, and feeling like I am in a solid car. Unfortunately, the car has become the symbol of the yuppie. If you are a true car afficionado - a true lover of what BMWs mean (and call them properly a bimmer and not a beemer - which is reserved for their bikes), than you won't be disappointed. I looked at Mercedes, and they are great cars, but if you are focused on performance, take a ride in this one and see how well it picks-up and goes and corners.

Simply the best
By bmw4life on 08/02/05 20:46 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my performance package (ZHP) for just over 1 year and it has been wonderful. I have two small kids and had to find a sedan that fit the family and was still fun to drive. The 330i is simply the best. There is a reason why all other manufacturers try to imitate the 3 series, it is the perfect balance of fun and functionality. If you want to have the best than look no further, I have owned many cars and have never been happier. The acceleration is amazing, the fuel economy is great for a "performance" car, the handling is uncomparable. Other cars will outrun in a straight line, but he fun is in the turns!

the new 325i rocks
By InHoff on 07/12/05 20:49 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I'picked up my European deliver BMW 325i 2006 in Munich in June and drove about 2.5K miles through Southern Germany and the mountains of Italy. This is the best car I ever drove. It offers a seductive mix of sportiness and elegance. The handling on narrow mountain roads was superb and the car was incredibly stable and at peace irrespective of speed (the top was an effortless 135 mph) and weather. This car rocks - it makes driving a spiritual experience.

My 1st BMW
By Tom Feddor on 07/10/05 13:21 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

All in all I have enjoyed this car. I wish I could afford the bigger model, 5 or 7 as the only drawback I've had is the small back seat in the 3.

Disappointment
By eatwell on 06/29/05 20:23 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the vehicle new to replace a 318i that I loved and drove for 8 years. This car has been a nightmare. First, the dealership messed up the installation of the BlueTooth. Then the engine wouldn't start, and the car, which was less than one years old, had to be towed in for service. It took one week to repair! Then the car needed brake service. And the turn signals have never worked properly, nor the door locks, even after multiple servicing.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By DaveK on 06/22/05 07:46 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We've had our 325xi sedan for just over a year now (bought new), and we still absolutely love it. The BMW slogan "The Ultimate Driving Machine" is apt; this is an exceptionally well-designed car, whose handling and comfort are unsurpassed. If you want to forget you're on the road, buy a Lexus or Mercedes; if you love to drive and want to enjoy it, buy this car. And yet it doesn't sacrifice interior comfort--this is a luxury car at the same time in creature comforts. It's been highly reliable so far; the only problem we've had was the oil light coming on, which necessitated a replacement sensor (but which didn't affect driveability in the meantime).