Used 2004 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

My Ride
By luvlincolns

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car with 40,000 miles on it. I like it a lot. It turns heads and make for a great conversation piece wherever I am. Handling is incredible. It seems to have a few small elec problems though. One day the car wouldn't let me out of it, windows, roof, doors, locked for about 10 min. Some days the car won't start when I turn key the 1st time, have to do it twice. All lights come on dash and you hear a noise from the engine but nothing but on second turn it cranks. My car requires me to add antifreeze every month, this seems odd also.

Favorite Features

The top down baby, the top.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe just a little more room in the back seat area.

I can't walk away
By L. Robb

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have asked my car guy to get me an SUV, a convertible, and on and on, but I cannot leave my 330I with SMG and M package. The car history revealed it was not a dealer car but sent over as a test vehicle then landed in an auction. I am told it is lower and more tuned than other models. I love driving it. The original tires were Michelin Pilot Sport summer which burned off at 25,000 miles. I replaced with Pilot All-Season and rears are wearing considerably faster than fronts. Just had the full 50,000 inspection and C check, the first off warranty. The full day check, new belts, fluids, an electrical glitch in a tail light and rear brakes, pads and rotors, came to $1900.

Favorite Features

Handling, handling, handling, will outperform any tire I can afford. The interior is snug compared to the new models wrapping around the driver as opposed to sitting in the car.

Suggested Improvements

This car is really bad in the snow. I park my in the garage and walk or drive the wife's Yaris. Friends have suggested 300lbs of sand bags in the trunk.

lovin this car
By ricks corgis

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car cert used. Best car I've owned. I'm ready for a newer one. With snow tires it goes thru anything, good on gas. Looks handles great, very reliable

Favorite Features

Pick up, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders, black brake dust.

Still the Sexiest Car on the Road
By daveuc97

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It has been 4.5 years since I bought it and I still get excited every time I get behind the wheel. You can punch it through the sharpest of curves and fly up and down the steepest of hills will full confidence that this machine will exceed your expectations. Solid ride! Better thrill than a roller coaster! In fact, the other day, while resting at a stop sign after a fun filled heart pounding 10 minute joy ride thru the Connecticut countryside, I actually thought I heard the car mutter, “how’d I do?” Add on the fact that this is still the best looking car on the road and that it has the sweetest engine purr you will hear from a car in this class, I have myself a solid purchase!

Favorite Features

Sweet body style, smiles from sexy women, your buddies eyes lighting up when you let them take it for a spin, safe solid feeling you get when driving, engine purr when accelerating, black leather interior with brush nickel trim, the BMW emblem.

Suggested Improvements

I know its BMW tradition, but I just don’t like the cheesy orange dash and stereo lighting. My baby doesn’t do well on an extremely cold Connecticut winter day.

Germans make better cars...
By Dustin W.

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I own a 2004 330i w/ performance package. These cars are truly amazing. Unsurpassed performance, elegant styling, reliable, & fun to drive. I drove many models before purchasing mine, I highly recommend the performance package. The power difference is huge, and the styling and standard equipment are worth the extra. I also recommend the manual 6 speed, makes driving and handling much more fun. BMW puts an amazing amount of feel and predictability in the drivers hands. No corners cut in the design and test phase, this car can run around town to get groceries or hold its own on the race track.

Favorite Features

HID lights, 18 inch wheels, amazing performance and handling, amazing braking. The car is very practical and drivable around town and gets great gas mileage when I keep my foot out of the throttle, plus it runs 0-60 in 5.8 if I want to run harder. Best of both worlds.

Suggested Improvements

Rear tires are wider than the fronts so they can't be rotated or interchanged. Only complaint I have that may be cured by different brake pads is the large amount of brake dust that builds on the front wheels. Maintenance cost are high when free service plan expires.