2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
A good investment
By noel factor on 11/29/04 20:43 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After hearing about a friend who got injured in a head-on collision, it made me consider buying a safe car. DSC, HPS, Side airbags, confident suspension assure me that my family is safe inside this car. My first BMW is the most basic but the handling never fails to amaze me. Try entering a busy street at 40 mph while car is filled with people and groceries and you'll see what I mean.

Nice, but not well built
By James Chun on 11/27/04 16:51 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive when it's willing to work. Many trips to dealership. All problems were fixed at free of cost. but what will happen after warranty expires? I'll be doomed... power window failed twice. Trunk opens on its own(dealer thoght I was crazy but later they found the problem and fixed)small but annoying rattle coming from the dash board. Brake pad squeaks but dealer says it's supposed to do that.. auto headlight is on day and night. if you really want a BMW then go for it.. but dont' buy it. lease it.

Excellent Purchase
By aa0323 on 11/16/04 23:40 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

A pure driver's car! Outstanding driving characteristics throughout. Anyone driving this car should feel like he owns the road. Handling, acceleration, braking, and overall control and visibility are excellent. Very solid feel. You will not regret buying this car. Also, there are very attractive deals available for it.

Overpriced
By vermont on 11/15/04 13:23 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I previously owned a 2001 330xi and was looking forward to owning another. While the reliability is terrific, this car is not as well designed--and has developed many vibrations and rattles and does not handle nearly as well. The quality has diminished (for example, two of the speakers, one of the mirrors and the front brakes have all been replaced). There are many other cars on the market which offer better value.

Horrible quality
By J Feldman on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Okay.. I don't even drive much. in fact I have 7000 miles on my car after having it for a year.(it's a 2003). So far I had to get my car fixed 4 times. Twice engine related problems. My 2002 Hyundai Sonata has been much much more reliable than this junk. I like the prestige of owning a BMW but that's about it. and what kind fo 30K+ car doesn't even have a CD changer?? German quality cannot compete with Asian brands any more...

fun drive but............
By tiago on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

great car to drive but my car has been in the shop for the last 5 days they don't know what is wrong with the engine and can't seem to fix the vibration in the steering wheel, the sport steering wheel was not even centered when i bought it.I have 8000 miles and they also just replaced the radio???? this is my first bmw and don't know if i would buy another. Air noise is terrible. you would think the windows are down. problems with this car since day 1

Better than Infiniti G35
By ME747 on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 03 G35 because it rode to stiff and had to much road noise. I could not be happier with my decision. This is a true drivers car, confortable and decent power (my G35 was much faster)with smooth delivery and quieter than the G35. I purchased a BLACK ext. with tan leather. The only 2 problems I had were the brake pedal and steering vibrated when I applied the brakes and at 200 miles the engine misfired (was running on 5 cyl). I had to pull over to then side of the road called BMW, they told me to turn the engine off then re-start it,the problem went away. I took it in for service the following week and they changed the no#3 coil and the rotors.

You can do better for this much money
By xyrium on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for 2500 miles now and can only say that it has the worst suspension, and drive by wire system imaginable. There is a 0.5 second delay after you hit the accelerator, and the car bounces, floats, and leans terribly regarding the suspension. The interior is nice and clean. However the performance suffers so greatly, I am going to have to upgrade both the suspension and software to make it livable. I thought it was the break in period, but alas, it's made this way. Not recommended for anyone that owned a previous (E36 model years) BMW. The XI version drives more like an SUV than a sedan. For the money, it's not worth it.

Best of Both Worlds
By bikeguy1 on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased for spouse's daily driver, this well- engineered & executed auto meets both her needs and mine. For her, it's a safe, comfortable car, easy-to-drive (w/ Steptronic); for me, it's got plenty of handling and power to meet my needs for a bit of fun driving, have even been to track school. This car has turned me into a fan of RWD again, (and even in winter handles great with Dunlap Snows). And, nothing can beat the wonderfully smooth inline 6 the BMW has perfected. All in all, a great auto!

UDM no - be careful selecting a dealer
By FoggyDew on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's always being a dream of mine to own a BMW. I guess the moral of the story is be careful what you wish for... it might come true. It is a nice car to drive, good handling, performance is somewhat lacking with the manual transmission, but I've brought it back to the shop almost every month since it was 3months old with one problem or another. Tulley BMW of Nashua are terrible, guess their a known problem in BMW circles. BMW have put me in touch with another dealer who hopefully resolve the problems you wouldn't expect in a car that costs this much.