Used 2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Fun to drive
By catbijou

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Nice little car, great mileage, handling fabulous. Finish good, seats ok, a bit firm for long drives. Car is too low to ground, difficult to get in and out. A bit too much engine noise, but it is a BMW.

Handling. Xenon lights (but expensive).

Too difficult to get in and out of. Repair expensive.

325Ci Manual Coupe - What a Car
By stargazerm312

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car I've owned. It has great performance w/ 30 mpg! The 5- speed manual is flawless and the rid is firm but excellent for a sports coupe. The cornering and handling is first class. I can't wait to get into it and go. The 325 may not have as big an engine as the 330, but I don't feel it needs it. This has all the power I need. My 325 has the Cold Weather, Premium, and Sports package. The sport seates are wonderful. The gray leather gives the BMW an elegant look. The Xenon headlights make a huge difference. For the price, I got the dealer to throw in the 6-disk trunk CD-changer and the home-link type garage door opener.

The stereo with the optional Harman- Kardon system is great. The handling and feel of the road is second to none. Many say the fuel economy is bad, but I disagree this gets great fuel economy considering the type of car. I'm still amazed at how well it handles and how smooth the ride.

They need to put the "mode" radio button on the steering wheel. The Cig lighter needs to shutoff when they key is off. The Home-link system doesn't work unless the car is on. It needs a little more storage space. No good place for the sun glasses. In dash, 6- disk change is a must.

Do Not Buy 3.30CI
By Karakas

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 3.30CI on the 31st of Jan 2004. It has only 6500 miles on it and the car has been to service 5 (FIVE) times. The passenger door failed first, then the mirrors with interior light. The engine has serious problems too. Especially in the mornings, I can feel the wobbling coming from the engine. I have checked the positive feedbacks but they don't seem right. One of the review says 3.30 has 30-31 MPG, thats IMPOSSIBLE. My BMW's VIN# is WBABD53404PL11978 and I am serious do NOT buy this car because even the service guys don't have an explanation for the problem. My car cost me 45K 3.30CI with all the options. I can send you pics...

Body Style

Serious Engine Problem...DO NOT BUY 3.30CI!.. For information e- mail:sinankarakas@yahoo.com

MY FIRST BMW
By Lil' Deb

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

TEST DROVE AND LOOKED AT MANY VEHICLES IN THE 330'S CLASS, BMW IS DEFINITELY THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE. SOME OF ITS COMPETITORS HAVE MORE GIZMOS AND LUXURY FEATURES BUT YOU CARES! THIS CAR GETS RIGHT TO THE POINT; THE FUN OF DRIVING. IF YOU LIKE TO DRIVE THIS IS THE VEHICLE FOR YOU. EFFORTLESS POWER FROM THE IN-LINE 6 CYLINDER. REAR WHEEL DRIVE IS AWESOME; FORGET AWD OR FRONT WHEEL DRIVE - SUCK IT UP! DEFINITELY CAN SEE WHY THE 3 SERIES HAS BEEN VOTED TO CAR & DRIVERS TEN BEST LIST FOR 13 STRAIGHT YEAR. 5 SPEED STEPTRONIC AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WORKS SURPRISINGLY WELL FOR AN AUTOMATIC, WANTED 6 SPEED MANUAL BUT TRAFFIC CONDITIONS AROUNG ME ARE TOUGH.

ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLAMPS ARE VERY COOL LARGE BRAKES FRONT AND REAR STOP THE VEHICLE TREMENDOUSLY. TIGHT STEERING WITH LITTLE TO NO BODY LEAN. THE INTERIOR GETS RIGHT TO THE POINT. RAIN-SENSING WINDSHIELD WIPERS WORK GREAT. CAR & KEY MEMORY IS EXCELLENT. FULL MAINTENACE PROGRAM

WOULD NOT MIND SEEING EVEN MORE POWER, ALTHOUGH IT REALLY IS NOT NEEDED.

3% better costs you 30% more.
By RicketyDick

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Japanese wannabes are either heavier (Newton's Laws will not be violated!) or less powerful. I'm getting used to the SMG, and now I love it. I learned on US1 that you're glad you don't have to take your hand off the wheel to shift while passing on a 2-lane at 110+ w/ traffic coming! Proportions are spot-on. G35? Pulleeez! If you disagree, and can't feel the difference in the steering, save the 30%. Doors are long & heavy - you need to choreograph entry and exit. Valet parker white-lined it, but then lunched my left side wheels! Electric Red/Natural Brown; Sport and Prem. Pkgs., SMG, Xenons, 18" wheels.

Waited for SMG - manual control w/o stop-and-go wear and tear on 60-year- old knees & hips. Now I love its fast shifts and hands-on-the-wheel control during shifts. Great-looking. I enjoy even the shortest drive. Meets 1 test - love to turn around & look at it when I get out.

Perf. Pkg. should be available with the SMG! Then you could get Imola Red! A price break would have been nice!