2004 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Best in its class--again.
By matthew on 09/14/06 23:05 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

325xi with steptronic purchased as certified pre-owned with 18500 miles. Car is like new - agile handling, superb steering, fair to good acceleration (best from 25 mph to 75 mph), and solid feel. Interior leather, carpet, etc., all of high quality with no signs of wear. Seats are firm and comfortable. Cold weather package is a great option but fold-down seats or at least a pass-through should be standard feature on this car as trunk space is limited. Jet black paint is nice but optional metallic paint looks better on this model as 325s lack the chrome trim of the 330s models. Driving experience is great whether on highway or twisty back roads. H-K sound upgrade is good but not outstanding.

2004 BMW 325 Ci Convertible
By Gina Celentano on 08/14/06 21:32 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Reasonable fun to drive. Interior design/style could be nicer for this price point. Window and doors have problems. Interior buttons break.

Luv It
By Pam White on 04/21/06 18:50 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second BMW I have owned. The first was a 1999 323i and it was my most favorite car - but I totaled it on the ice. It saved my life, as I slid into ongoing traffic and was hit in the driver door with a van on the interstate. I walked away without a scratch. I finally found the 2004 325i that I have now. It is now my most favorite car. More power, came with arm rest and doesn't hesitate at starts into traffic

Bad Bimmer
By Bimma Boy on 04/14/06 22:57 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this as a second car so I dont have to drive my Evo all over the place an I have to say, this thing, this BMW is excellent. Accelereration is quick and stable an smooth at speeds up to 120mph, it can be decieving unless you look at the speedo. You think your doing about 70mph when youre actually doing 90. Handling is superb! Find the speed limit for the corner an double it an you will find that BMWs are not just overpriced cars. This car looks good, rides well, and can perform very well. It gets looks from everyone espcially the ladies, unlike my Evo which gets more looks from 15 year old boys. Go full throttle into the turn and you'll find a new love for cars.

Great Car
By Mario on 03/02/06 05:49 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've only had the car for a few weeks but this is easily the best all around car I've ever owned. It's fit/finish and comfort are almost perfect.

Information
By Bob on 01/28/06 21:42 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I moved from a 1986 Acura Legend (first US model) to the 325i Bimmer due to a favorable military overseas purchase price. The BMW is what they say it is but it is not perfect. I find the layout of buttons regulating windows (in the center console) to be awkward compared to almost all other cars with controls mounted on the door armrest area; if you live in a gated community, the frequent use of this item can be a nuisance. The trunk is too small for more than one set of golf clubs! Otherwise, this machine is impeccable in construction and the performance is outstanding, especially at high speeds!

Great car but reliability is awful
By jcwizard on 12/23/05 22:24 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I fell in love with the look, performance, and premium features of this car. I've owned it for 2.5 years and it has been at the dealer for repairs about 12 times. No major problems but problems nonetheless that require constant repairs. Defective battery, leaking headlight washer system, broken trunk lock, rattling convertible top, squeeky window, the list goes on and on. I bought this car and babied it, planning to keep it forever. I'm not planning to dump it as I'm sure once the warranty is out I will be getting killed on repair bills. I'll never buy another BMW.

Fun to Drive But Not Reliable
By Enver on 12/06/05 02:28 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got my BMW 3.30 Ci in 04 February. The performance of the car is amazing. I had some minor problems tho. The car passenger door window failed at the first month. Then the handle on the driver seat that is used to move the driver seat to front has failed. The door seals fail on both doors due to hot weather at Reno. I believe the car should have been designed for worse temperature conditions. The sunroof failure is almost very BMW's problem. The engine was running rough at first but fixed by the help of software upgrade. The car is really fast and very fun to drive.

Solid Fun
By Chuck W on 12/01/05 06:53 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Leased new - still really enjoy the vehicle - anticipate buying at the end of the 3 years. Drives smoothly w/more than enough motor to go when and where you need it. Commutes easily, highway powerful and back road perfect. X is nice in the snow - confident handling. Love the look. Feel is solid and comfortable the "leatherette" manual seats are actually quite nice and worry free. Two repairs [windshield stone at dealer and rear end collision out sourced] both done well. BMW dealer maintenance convenient w/nice loaners - and we use the free car wash Saturday AM at our dealer] Perfect two-person vehicle - back seat room larger than appears, but not expansive. Runs on premium.

Spoiled and worth it...
By Kirk & Collin on 11/09/05 12:48 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased this 2004 330ci with sport package as a factory car with 3,100 miles in Sept.05. As it was explained to us, the car had never been titled before (which proved true) and was basically NEW, and paid 44k instead of original 54k. Not bad! We are absolutely in love with this car. Every feature, line, material used, and charecteristic of this car is phenomenal. I can't imagine what the next convertible will bring, as it seems hard to top perfection.