2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
platinum325ci
By icedout23 on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love what I drive

BMW
By ARMANDO on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

IT'S CHOPY,COSTLY,NO FUN. THE CRAFTSHIP INSIDE IT GREAT, BUT THE REABILLITY IS BAD. I HAD A LOT ISSUES WITH THE A/C,THE ELECTRIC SYSTEM. NEXT TIME I WILL TRAY A SAAB 9-3 OR AUDI A-4.

Stalling out problem & other problems
By Ex-bmw driver on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Ever since I purchased my 2004 330CI 6 speed manual, I was the service shop almost every week during the first 3 months of ownership. I had speaker rattle noises coming from the passenger door. Insulation between the speaker and door panel fixed it. Equiped with BMW 18" rims that constantly pulled to the right. BMW ended up replacing 1 tire and tweeked alignment to improve it. Worst problem encountered was the sporadic stalling problem when car was at an idle at a stop light. Engine would just cut out. BMW claims it is a software problem and no current fix at this time and had to temporarily increase my idle speed by 50. I got rid of this car!!

The Ultimate Disappointment
By Betty11 on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The ultimate driving machine was a big dissapointment. Very poor interior quality and design. Back seating lacks leg room and things have started to come undone on my car. Way over priced!

a driving machine
By mike d on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

awesome handling, have never driven a car like this before and it gets better each day. great pickup and comfort, along with all the great safety features

Steptronic recall is a must
By Ms Disappointed on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

New 325Ci, steptronic loaded. Less than 2,000 miles car hesitates on acceleration. The car revs wildly then slowly lurches forward. Dealer and BMW of NA played DUMB. I produced documentation found on message boards. A safety bulletin SIB 2407 03. BMW tells dealers to "replace the transmission on a customer complaint basis only"? Not how makers of "The Ultimate Driving Machine" should treat customers. NHTSA defect investigation underway as of Feb 04. I have lost all confidence in my dealer and BMW for not contacting me.

Ultimate Smile
By gemman64 on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

If you like spirited driving and you are shopping for a car in this price range, don't waste your time shopping , just drive down to the local BMW store and sign the paperwork. That way you'll have more time to enjoy your permanent smile. Happy Happy Joy Joy!

BMW 3-Series
By mercurysqueen on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I waited a long time to finally own a BMW and I wasn't disappointed in my choice of a 3-series. I opted for the 325 coupe over the 330 - I couldn't justify the extra cost for the few extra horses. It took me a while to get used to the sports car ride of the 3-series - you can really feel the road. The control panels are well-lit, the interior is comfy, but at times it can be a bit confining. I've yet to be able to fit an adult in the back seat, but I bought the car for me, not my riders! Overall, I'd recommend this car to anyone wanting to get into the BMW line for a reasonable price.

330 ci - loved it for 45,000 miles!
By airman on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Exterior still looks as beautiful and fresh as the day I bought it (45,000 miles ago). The 3 Series doesn't date quickly like most trendy designed Japanese brands do. Excellent performance and comfort. I wish I could have afford the new M3, but for $15,000 less, this thing holds it's own and kicks the tail of anything else in the same $$$ range. Freeway and twisty road performance is awesome.....okay....that makes me want to go drive now.... gotta go......

Good, but some build problems
By rickhuizinga on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall, this has been the best car I've owned. My previous cars include a 2001 Corvette Coupe and 1995 Ford Contour. Balance and handling are outstanding. Engine could use a little more power. (My last car was a Corvette, however). I am a little dissapointed in the build quality. Specifically, the speaker in the passenger side door rattles and buzzes the door panel. This is a common problem for the coupes over the years and BMW should have fixed this by now.