Used 2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Stunning! A Dream Vehicle For Me...
By Jonathon

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What an amazing vehicle. So much fun, so much pride, so sexy... Yet what is most important is how reactive this automobile can be in case you get into trouble and need to really stop 'on a dime' or accelerate your way out of trouble. It handles every sense of your commands. Often I feel like it is pre- anticipating my every move just before I accomplish it. It is so very sure of itself that you drive her with little effort and with total ease and control as though you were a pilot on a Boeing airplane.

Favorite Features

The constant stares!

Suggested Improvements

Few yet I will comment on the plastics inside the vehicle as being very German in design and cheap and not always secure and well-fit as many cars from Japan tend to accomplish.

bmw 325 cic
By Jenni Shiflett

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Overall I think this is one of the best vehicles around. It has great fuel economy and for a 325 it is just as nice as our 740.

Favorite Features

The handling on the 325CIC is awesome, I have had many sports cars and this handles as well as any of them.

Suggested Improvements

The rear seating.

2004 330Cic ZHP
By MPower28

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome is the best way to describe this car. I recently purchased mine 6-speed with the Performance Package (M Kit) in Dark Gray with Black interior. I have not seen another one like it on the road (only 5 in California when purchased).

Favorite Features

Sound systems is spectacular.

Suggested Improvements

Raise the pedals a little more, telescoping steering wheel and in-dash cd changer would be great.

Love my BMW!!!
By Lana K

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had a problem with the braking/transmission in the short time I've owned this car, but the kinks will surely be worked out soon! Otherwise, I have thoroughly enjoyed the ride!!! It's classy, roomy, and really fun to drive......and the looks I get!!! I think it's the best-looking BMW they ever built!!!

Favorite Features

The way it handles.....turns on a dime! And, of course, I really like the style of the car!

Suggested Improvements

A little more luxury would be nicer on the interior.....that would be my only suggestion!

2004 3 Series BMW Conv- True Euro Luxury
By breadmen

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The current BMW 3 Series has the BEST looking INTERIOR of ANY of the current BMW series! Why? Because it has been "Banglelized" (or upgraded to a newer?! design- what an oxymoron!") yet!! All of the new upgraded interiors on the new 5 and 7 series look cheap with less leather and wood than the old designs they replace. Sure BMW claims they are trying to reach a new (larger) audience but their competitors use LOTS of wood and leather in their interior designs. Some may say that the wood and leather steering wheels found on lots of luxury cars are the "vinyl top" of the 21 century BUT that is what luxury customers WANT! Not a homogenized WORLD design!!

Favorite Features

Silky engine, transmission and slick handling. Makes driving a joy! Why can't BMW apply the finesse they have learned in drivetrain into a Lexus design interior? (there I said it!!!)

Suggested Improvements

Take a look at any luxury competitor in this segment and pile on the wool carpeting, leather seats and door trim and add the WOOD (includind the wheel). (Can anyone tell me why BMW has a wood and leather steering wheel for 3 series conv for versions sold outside of the US ?????????)