Used 2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

the new 325i rocks
By InHoff

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I'picked up my European deliver BMW 325i 2006 in Munich in June and drove about 2.5K miles through Southern Germany and the mountains of Italy. This is the best car I ever drove. It offers a seductive mix of sportiness and elegance. The handling on narrow mountain roads was superb and the car was incredibly stable and at peace irrespective of speed (the top was an effortless 135 mph) and weather. This car rocks - it makes driving a spiritual experience.

steady in curves, good feel for the road, sporty feel, good visibility a superb rain sensor distinct trunk and door opening responses

My 1st BMW
By Tom Feddor

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

All in all I have enjoyed this car. I wish I could afford the bigger model, 5 or 7 as the only drawback I've had is the small back seat in the 3.

This car is a blast to drive!!! I love the throaty hum of BMW's inline 6.

The interior is small & tight in the back and the cabin looks cheap.

Disappointment
By eatwell

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the vehicle new to replace a 318i that I loved and drove for 8 years. This car has been a nightmare. First, the dealership messed up the installation of the BlueTooth. Then the engine wouldn't start, and the car, which was less than one years old, had to be towed in for service. It took one week to repair! Then the car needed brake service. And the turn signals have never worked properly, nor the door locks, even after multiple servicing.

Body design & color (mine is red).

Improve quality control and/or improve the electrical components of the car, since this continues to be the problem in my case. Really disappointing for a BMW.

Perfect combo of performance & value
By DUCE68

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car used with 5k miles, it now has almost 9k, no problems whatsoever. It is base model, so options limited. Reminds me of the older BMWs and ALFAs of the 60s & 70s. Handling is superb (I've previously competitively raced ALFAs). Although engine power is slightly less than some competitors, the broad powerband and sound of the engine is a sweet blessing. I've got the auto, would have bought 5 speed but price was right on steptronic, and the tranny really works with the engine to deliver the best ratios for whatever driving you do. Not worth the money for the extras or the 330i, you'll be happy with the base 325i if you're an enthusiast! Happy Motoring to all....

Super sweet inline 6 engine

Standard leather trim & power heated seats would be nice at this price point.

Still waiting for something better
By onthefence

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I really had a tough time choosing this BMW over a similar-priced G35. What finally clinched it was a two-day rental I did on a business trip. The G35 was a great car to test-drive, with killer acceleration and handling. But over the course of two days, driving about 200 miles per day, I noticed that: it had a rough ride and hates potholes; the auto transmission is never sure what gear to pick and always has a lag; the seats are uncomfortable (why do all Japanese cars have way too much lumbar?); and I simply could not get past how cheap the interior felt.

Hands down, the best compromise between ride and handling you'll find anywhere. Never harsh, always predictable. Great fuel economy on the highway--a recent trip at 80-85 mph netted over 30 mpg. Last note, for those of you who live here in SoCal, this car actually has a smooth ride on the freeway

That said, I am very disappointed that I had to bring the car in for a bad ignition coil at only 5000 miles (which kept the car from being drivable and almost stranded me). I almost wish I would have driven the TL a second time but we already have a 2004 Accord V6 EXL--same basic car and FWD.