Used 2004 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

me
By Matchb

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have a manual shift, and the shifting seems to be a bit rough, other than that, the car is perfect. Handling in great. Will top 110 easily, top movement is flawless and can be done at a red light if timeing is right.

Favorite Features

love the power top, you push ONE button, and it's done

Suggested Improvements

Manual shift could be smoother

It is just right
By KimberlyM

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW and I am very pleased with the overall performance and looks of the car. I can navigate on a curvy road and still maintain intregity and speed.

Favorite Features

I love the features and the ease of programming some of the options to memory. Everything is easy to reach.

Suggested Improvements

I would not change a thing about the 2004 model.

Things You Can Do Without
By catj5

2004 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I'm just going to go straight to the point. I like my car and I have a-lot of fun driving it. However, there are points that one should be aware of. First, the Harmon Kardon speakers was a waste of my money. They are weak speakers. Second, the car is too low that you are likely to hit, raised manholes, rocks, metals on the street. Third, the windows rattle loud when driving fast. Fourth, the driver and passenger SIDE MIRRORS doesn't go back far enough. Fifth, the chairs are very hard and thin. Sixth, rear bumper too low and unprotected and will get easily hit by other cars especially if you live in the city.

Favorite Features

Driving experience is great.

Suggested Improvements

Improve Speakers to Bose instead of Harmon Kardon, what a waste of money! Raise the card a bit perhaps, too low. Soften the chairs. Improve side mirrors. Windows rattle when driving.

well...
By Nano

2004 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My wife loves it. It is very important.

Favorite Features

Maybe style

Suggested Improvements

Noisy for me. Is it possible to order quetness option to reduce enzine sound and improve quietness? Maybe you think customers who like quiet cars, please go to LEXUS. I like wolf performance but looking and sounds like sheep. High performance but queit and peaceful riding.

My personal opinion of the 2004 325ci
By castlg

2004 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Even though BMW exterior design continues to disappoint me, they remain the best handling, best balanced automobiles on the road today. The current 325 convertible may seem underpowered on paper, but is a joy to drive quickly, which cannot be said for some of its competitors (Audi A4, MB C series). The 325 version is reasonable value for money (I picked mine up in Europe)and drives like a BMW should. If you want a comfortable highway cruiser, or a car with all the latest gizmos, look elsewhere. If you want a car that enjoys being driven hard, and has great feedback through its brakes, steering and suspension, stick with the Bimmer.

Favorite Features

Steering, brakes, road feel

Suggested Improvements

Full size spare,four wheel drive