2004 BMW 3 Series 2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 4 years later, still in

2004 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

325i Sedan (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

4 years later, still in love with it
By jazzmin on

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just had my 2004 325i detailed, and I feel just like the day I drove it off the lot - it is still that much fun to drive. The best surprise I've had with this car is the highway gas mileage. According to the trip computer, I get between 33-34 (sometimes a little more) mpg on the freeway, and that's driving at 70-75 mph. Other than a short in a headlight socket, I haven't had a single problem with this car in the 53K miles I've driven it. Most fun and, again, surprisingly, most reliable car I've ever had, including 3 Hondas and two Toyotas.

Favorite Features

You just can't beat the handling. And I like small cars, but so many are unsubstantial-feeling tin cans. Fit and finish are still perfect after 4 years.

Suggested Improvements

Ok, maybe they fixed this in later model years, but the controls for the automatic climate control system are WAY too complex, unintuitive, and even dangerous until you get used to them. And there are times the trunk has been too small for me. Small price to pay.