2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews 3

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Fun to Drive But Not Reliable
By Enver on 12/06/05 02:28 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I got my BMW 3.30 Ci in 04 February. The performance of the car is amazing. I had some minor problems tho. The car passenger door window failed at the first month. Then the handle on the driver seat that is used to move the driver seat to front has failed. The door seals fail on both doors due to hot weather at Reno. I believe the car should have been designed for worse temperature conditions. The sunroof failure is almost very BMW's problem. The engine was running rough at first but fixed by the help of software upgrade. The car is really fast and very fun to drive.

Follow-up Review 1 Year Later
By TechJunkie on 10/10/05 08:41 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The driving experience dramatically improved after I replaced the stock Continental tires with Pirelli PZero Nero. The cold start issues I had were resolved with a software update. The flickering trunk light was resolved by replacing the locking mechanism. The felt next to the weather stripping on both doors were replaced as the original glue did not hold. The moon roof's sliding shade was replaced as the plastic clips broke off. I'm currently getting 27 MPG on the HWY with conservative driving speeds. I have put over 43k miles. I took it on a cross country 6.2k mile road trip, and received compliments at gas stations and in Canada.

Love at first site!
By branco327 on 04/08/05 21:04 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Gorgeous car with the M sports package that comes with the nicest 18 inch wheels out there. Gorgeous interior too and the handling/performance is fantastic. Nicest looking BMW ever made and indeed based on people's reaction to this car it is a head turner. I'm not quite comfortable yet with the attention and stares this vehicle gets.

Love the car, hate the problems
By jlsocks on 04/06/05 15:48 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've wanted a BMW coupe for years and was excited to finally get one. I truly love the styling of the car and the way it drives. In less than 2 years of ownership, I've had to bring in the car in for unscheduled maintenance/repairs 6 times. These issues included, replacing the door locking mechanism so I could get out of the car (problem has resurfaced), new transmission, dead battery, emissions issues, coolant system leak, and A/C recall. If the problems with the car had been relatively minor as can be expected in some German cars, I could understand, but I don't think I'll ever purchase another BMW again.

Still the Official Car of Valhalla
By ChiefBlueBimmer on 12/27/04 10:50 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I posted a review back in May, and I loved the car. It's now December, and my opinion hasn't changed in the least. Driver's seat has become more comfortable as it became broken in. You'll get better mileage if you inflate front tire to 32, rear to 38 like the manual says (dealership delivered with 32/32), with no loss of comfort. No reliability issues. Nada. Nichts. Car took 1/2 quart of oil at 4000 miles, and I did off-cycle oil change at 7500. Advice: Buy snow tires w/rims, or leave in the garage during winter.

BMW BUYER BEWARE
By Unhappy Owner #9 on 11/04/04 22:15 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2004 330ci coupe in 08/2003. As I drove it home and I slide the sunroof cover closed it the plastic retaining clips holding the cover broke. BMW fixed it with metal clips. 2nd problem battery died due to heat seats software problem left one of the battery cells on after car was turned off and drained the battery. BMW fixed this by updating software and replacing battery. 3rd problem I ran out of gas when the gas gauge showed 1/4 tank of gas left. Fuel sensor gets clogged and fuel gauge stops working. Bmw does not have a fix for this accept to clean the fuel sensor with a easer the 1st time and replace the sensor the 2nd time. I'm sorry I sold my Toyota 4Runner!

why to complaint
By TD330 on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best car ever, fun to drive, don;t put attention to all those comments about window rregulators, and not well funded complaints. Botton line If you've got the bucks this is the way to go.

Many Improvements Needed
By TechJunkie on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Ti silver '04 330Ci with sport and premium packages and Al trim. PROS: Extremely fun to drive on any road! Smooth, sleek, beautiful and sexy exterior & interior. Plenty HP and torque. Tight suspension. Precision steering. CONS: Has issues cold starting in winter months. The climate control is not intuitive and doesn't remember to recirculate air. Too much wind noise at 70 MPH. Lifting seats will smash the back passenger's feet. Insufficient leg room for rear passengers. Horrendous brake dust problems on wheels. Quirky electronics: trunk light flickers, OBC inaccurate. 60 cycle hum out of speakers on all 3 Series w/wo premium HK sound. 1 CD in-dash player w/o song repeat.

What a blast!
By foxworthy77 on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My dream car has been the BMW...I have had this 330Ci with Premium, Sport, Cold Weather packages for just under a year. I have over 15000 miles on it, and thoroughly enjoy it. I have had some minor problems with the driver door handle but other than that its been the dream I thought it would be. Definitely a head turner! Still can't believe its mine!

Fun to drive but has problems.
By Willy1 on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased 2004 330ci in June 2003. This is a fun car to drive, and the handling is superlative. However, with 10K miles have already replaced transmission and 6 ignition coils. What has happened to BMW reliability?