Used 2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

It simply glides
By Brian from Indiana

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Became 3rd owner of a 2004 BMW 330ci with 26k miles in March of 2008. I fell in love with BMW during my first test drive. Powerful acceleration at all speeds. Goes from 60 to 100 without feeling anything. Smooth, quiet, amazing handling/cornering; it simply glides. Be prepared to donate some organs to service and maintain. At 30k miles it needed rear brake pads ($250), alignment ($100), replace driver side door lock actuator ($800), replace throttle boot ($200).

Favorite Features

Gorgeous design, handling, acceleration, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Takes a PhD to change the clock! Also, I recommend you buy the XI model with AWD if you ever have to drive it on snow. Seriously 2 inches of snow and the CI model can't pull away from a street curb. Very low to the ground.

Still the Sexiest Car on the Road
By daveuc97

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It has been 4.5 years since I bought it and I still get excited every time I get behind the wheel. You can punch it through the sharpest of curves and fly up and down the steepest of hills will full confidence that this machine will exceed your expectations. Solid ride! Better thrill than a roller coaster! In fact, the other day, while resting at a stop sign after a fun filled heart pounding 10 minute joy ride thru the Connecticut countryside, I actually thought I heard the car mutter, “how’d I do?” Add on the fact that this is still the best looking car on the road and that it has the sweetest engine purr you will hear from a car in this class, I have myself a solid purchase!

Favorite Features

Sweet body style, smiles from sexy women, your buddies eyes lighting up when you let them take it for a spin, safe solid feeling you get when driving, engine purr when accelerating, black leather interior with brush nickel trim, the BMW emblem.

Suggested Improvements

I know its BMW tradition, but I just don’t like the cheesy orange dash and stereo lighting. My baby doesn’t do well on an extremely cold Connecticut winter day.

330ci ZHP 5-A, Nice drive
By Sierck

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nice running and handling car, fun to drive on the country twisties. Engine revs easily, wants to go. Seats are superior, much more comfortable than my other car, 1999 Lexus GS300. I like to drive the Lexus, I love to drive the BMW. Just 1000 miles so far, no problems yet. AC seems to work great, was worried about black leather in florida, but ac cools quickly. Had also worried about the firm ride of the ZHP performance package, but rides nice on highways and newer roads, I don't regret the comfort tradeoff for the incredible handling, even sport suspension still quite civilized. All in all, very happy that I purchased this vehicle.

Favorite Features

ZHP performance package, seats, steering wheel and handling, exterior looks, rev happy engine.

Suggested Improvements

A little more hp and torque for the performance pkg. ZHP adds 10 hp and 8# torque, 20-25 each would have been nice. M3 too expensive.

German reliability is an oxymoron
By JohnnyBoy

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My car with the 6 speed performance package is probably the most fun to drive machine on the road. The handling is superb and the engine growl is great. Ride is a bit stiff, but that should be expected from a true sport sedan. I've had a number of warranty repairs and I sometimes question if I made the right choice. I definitely will dump this car for something more reliable when the warranty is up, even though I'd really like to keep it. The thought of needing to pay the frequent repair bills is frightening.

Favorite Features

Handling, quick short throw 6 speed shifter, engine growl, comfortable sport seats, and the exterior styling. More head turns than any other car that I've owned.

Suggested Improvements

IMPROVE RELIABLITY. Dump the Harman Kardon stereo.

Brilliant!
By Sabrena

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I haven't had this car for too long, but I am in love. I have been researching BMWs for quite a while now and am glad I finally took the plunge. I recommend this cute little luxury car to anyone!

Favorite Features

When you sit in the car, the seats hug you, as if they were made just for you, extremely comfortable!

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to have a little more storage compartments (for coins, etc) but I am all right with leaving the clutter out of the car too!