2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
My 1st BMW
By Tom Feddor on 07/10/05 13:21 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

All in all I have enjoyed this car. I wish I could afford the bigger model, 5 or 7 as the only drawback I've had is the small back seat in the 3.

Disappointment
By eatwell on 06/29/05 20:23 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the vehicle new to replace a 318i that I loved and drove for 8 years. This car has been a nightmare. First, the dealership messed up the installation of the BlueTooth. Then the engine wouldn't start, and the car, which was less than one years old, had to be towed in for service. It took one week to repair! Then the car needed brake service. And the turn signals have never worked properly, nor the door locks, even after multiple servicing.

Perfect combo of performance & value
By DUCE68 on 03/30/05 16:47 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car used with 5k miles, it now has almost 9k, no problems whatsoever. It is base model, so options limited. Reminds me of the older BMWs and ALFAs of the 60s & 70s. Handling is superb (I've previously competitively raced ALFAs). Although engine power is slightly less than some competitors, the broad powerband and sound of the engine is a sweet blessing. I've got the auto, would have bought 5 speed but price was right on steptronic, and the tranny really works with the engine to deliver the best ratios for whatever driving you do. Not worth the money for the extras or the 330i, you'll be happy with the base 325i if you're an enthusiast! Happy Motoring to all....

Still waiting for something better
By onthefence on 12/21/04 21:52 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I really had a tough time choosing this BMW over a similar-priced G35. What finally clinched it was a two-day rental I did on a business trip. The G35 was a great car to test-drive, with killer acceleration and handling. But over the course of two days, driving about 200 miles per day, I noticed that: it had a rough ride and hates potholes; the auto transmission is never sure what gear to pick and always has a lag; the seats are uncomfortable (why do all Japanese cars have way too much lumbar?); and I simply could not get past how cheap the interior felt.

great ride
By jose soria on 12/01/04 22:56 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

its really fun and fast and enjoyable for all kind of driving, good handling and plenty of speed, nice features and design

whatever happened to quality ?
By HI800 on 11/29/04 22:02 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a new 325i and when the car had 600miles, the problems began. The instrument cluster blacked out for about 30secs while I was driving on the freeway at night and that reset everything, but the total miles driven. Quite a frightening experience not knowing what was going on with the new car while driving 65mph. Soon the service engine indicator came on and when the car came to a complete stop, it was shaking violently. I brought the car back to the dealer and the mechanic made it out to be a tiny little problem, peanuts he said. So they supposedly fixed the problem, but after a month, the service engine light is on again at 2000miles.

A good investment
By noel factor on 11/29/04 20:43 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After hearing about a friend who got injured in a head-on collision, it made me consider buying a safe car. DSC, HPS, Side airbags, confident suspension assure me that my family is safe inside this car. My first BMW is the most basic but the handling never fails to amaze me. Try entering a busy street at 40 mph while car is filled with people and groceries and you'll see what I mean.

Nice, but not well built
By James Chun on 11/27/04 16:51 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive when it's willing to work. Many trips to dealership. All problems were fixed at free of cost. but what will happen after warranty expires? I'll be doomed... power window failed twice. Trunk opens on its own(dealer thoght I was crazy but later they found the problem and fixed)small but annoying rattle coming from the dash board. Brake pad squeaks but dealer says it's supposed to do that.. auto headlight is on day and night. if you really want a BMW then go for it.. but dont' buy it. lease it.

Horrible quality
By J Feldman on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Okay.. I don't even drive much. in fact I have 7000 miles on my car after having it for a year.(it's a 2003). So far I had to get my car fixed 4 times. Twice engine related problems. My 2002 Hyundai Sonata has been much much more reliable than this junk. I like the prestige of owning a BMW but that's about it. and what kind fo 30K+ car doesn't even have a CD changer?? German quality cannot compete with Asian brands any more...

This car is the worst
By Khryssie77 on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my BMW for a few years now, and I have had nothing but problems with it. It is constantly in the shop at the dealership having parts repaired. I have brought this car in once a month for the past two years. I have had terrible experiences with BMW and have friends that have experienced the same problems. This is the last time I will ever purchase a BMW and I definately do not recommend this car to people who are considering it.