Used 2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

lovin this car
By ricks corgis

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car cert used. Best car I've owned. I'm ready for a newer one. With snow tires it goes thru anything, good on gas. Looks handles great, very reliable

Pick up, handling.

Better cup holders, black brake dust.

Great car, however...
By BMW Driver

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Too many issues. I love my car, however I am taking it in for service at least once a month. The moldings around doors, windows, and fan motor break on a regular basis.

Everything about the car is great! Fun to drive.

Door trim moldings, power window tracks, and ac fan.

Great car, wish it had better mpg
By Gregular

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 325i for 4 months now and so far I love the car. The only thing I am disappointed with so far is the fuel economy. I drive about 40 miles a day. Of that about 60% is highway and I get a average of 21-23 MPG. I tried changing driving habit and maintaining tire pressure and all I get is 24 mpg tops.

Fun to drive factor. Headlights and wipers are automated and the moonroof is a plus. It's a fun sporty sedan.

If I knew the gas mileage of this car I would have gone with the 330i.

In a Class All Its Own!
By 1 Happy Boy

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Love this car! Period!! Is it the fastest? No. Is it the most attractive? No. Is it inexpensive? No. Is it the most luxurious? No. That's a lot of nos, yes? Ah, but wait! Is the 3 Series the most overall well-balanced, interactive, inutuitive, and fun car to drive? Resoundingly, yes! I've owned a lot of cars over the years; an Acura TL, Audi A4, BMW Z4, Honda Accords, Ford Mustang, Toyota Camry, Lexus SC400, and Mini Cooper, and they all do at least one thing very well, maybe even best in class! But overall, the sum of their parts only equal their total. Remarkably, with the 3 Series, its total exceeds the sum of its parts. But you won't find it on paper. You have to drive it to know it.

Build quality, fit and finish, and the fact that it is simply such an enjoyable car to drive. In the end, I most like the fact that I feel more in control (thus safer) when I'm driving this car. Peace of mind AND fun. What a great combination!

Thinking... ah, better cup holders!

4 years later, still in love with it
By jazzmin

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just had my 2004 325i detailed, and I feel just like the day I drove it off the lot - it is still that much fun to drive. The best surprise I've had with this car is the highway gas mileage. According to the trip computer, I get between 33-34 (sometimes a little more) mpg on the freeway, and that's driving at 70-75 mph. Other than a short in a headlight socket, I haven't had a single problem with this car in the 53K miles I've driven it. Most fun and, again, surprisingly, most reliable car I've ever had, including 3 Hondas and two Toyotas.

You just can't beat the handling. And I like small cars, but so many are unsubstantial-feeling tin cans. Fit and finish are still perfect after 4 years.

Ok, maybe they fixed this in later model years, but the controls for the automatic climate control system are WAY too complex, unintuitive, and even dangerous until you get used to them. And there are times the trunk has been too small for me. Small price to pay.