2004 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Silver bullet
By Anicca on 04/05/10 22:14 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had the 330ci for four problem free years. I love the car - it's got everything; great performance, great looks, great economy and great reliability. Who could ask for anything more? I've been a BMW driver for 30 years, and this is the best (tho' I still wouldn't give up my 93 318is). For anyone considering buying a used bimmer, I'd give the 330ci a strong recommendation, without reservations

Love this car
By ggard86 on 03/05/10 11:43 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for one year and a half and still smile every time I get into it. I've taken it on two long road trips 1000+ miles and avg 32 miles on the highway; at home I get about 23. I've had no problems with it and love the once a year oil change. It's a comfortable car and is fast off the line. The exterior and interior style is something BMW should never have left, and in my eyes it has classic lines and a refined German style. The fold down seats and ski bag make a small car easier to swallow. Simply put I love this car and don't mind the car payment.

best car I've ever owned
By david fulginiti on 02/15/10 16:04 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

bought my 330i new, has performance pak,most options. never has let me down. drove it thru a flood, snow, ice and 90 plus temps,always make me smile and gets me home. I also own a 2008 M3 and I enjoy this car(330i) more as a daily drive.

Unreal control in snow and ice
By AaronWhite on 02/01/10 10:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2004 325xi for three years now and have enjoyed driving it every minute. I grew up with Mercedes and am used to German engineering, build quality, etc. However, I think the 3 series, particularly the XI (AWD) variants, are very tough to beat. This was confirmed over the weekend when I drove from DC to North Carolina and spent three days driving around in snow and ice in NC. I cannot explain how well the car handles in bad weather. It is truly unreal. When trying to slip and slide, the car takes over, cuts the gas, shifts the traction around to the various wheels and keeps the car in control. No complaints in 60k miles of driving it.

I bought a CPO
By HW on 01/13/10 16:58 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought CPO and have had it for over 3 years. I got the mystic blue with light gray interior. What a nice combo. Have not had one single problem with it. I was concerned about the cloth top but it has been surprisingly easy to maintain. I also burn regular gas to save money and it runs just fine. I think this model is more attractive than the new models.

Love this car but reliability not great
By J. Brand on 10/19/09 22:05 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

There are 3 things I love about this car: 1) Handling and performance, it's a dream to drive on freeways and windy roads. 2) Interior is simple and elegant - I prefer BMW interior of this model period vs the newer BMW design which is unnecessarily complex. 3) Seats are firm and very comfortable for long rides. I sat in the back seat of a friend's BMW 3-series of same year and the surprisingly comfortable ride in the back if you want a smaller car. It would be tight squeeze though for a guy over 6 ft tall but more room than Mercedes C-class in same price range.

I'm Sold
By cho on 10/09/09 17:55 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought mine CPO; premium and sports package; black on black with 39,000 miles in 2007. I've always owned Japanese and my last car was a 1997 Integra GSR. But I needed a 4-door for the ease of carrying more than one passenger, so I bought this Bimmer even though I had trepidation about its reliability as I found this particular year and model to be the best looking 4-door sport sedan out there (even now in 2009 IMO). Two years into the ownership and I have not had any major issue. I recently lost my job; I don't miss my job but I missed not making the daily commute in my 325i. That's how much I love this car, how about that!

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By PhantomX on 08/26/09 20:53 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my BMW 325Ci all of three weeks but I must say I am already smitten with it. This is the most fun automobile to drive I've ever experienced. It makes you want to just get in and drive around with no particular place to go. I've already done that a lot! It has torque at-the- ready all across the RPM band so never any lag when you need to move. The car feels more powerful than it is. It's handling is incredibly dynamic.

It Delivers on Your Expectations!
By Felix_Krull on 08/04/09 21:47 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car envelopes you inside of it and becomes an extension of your being. It responds to a driver's inputs like its receiving neurological signals from your brain's synapses. Where other cars will go skidding off the road, a BMW 325Ci, with sport package, just digs in and asks, "is that all you got?"

The perfect balance of sport and luxury
By Dana H. on 06/01/09 22:32 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am eighteen years old and this is my second BMW. My first BMW was a 2000 sports wagon and I hated it! It was time to get into something sportier, yet sophisticated and practical. I fell in love with this car the moment the sales person drove it out of their garage and let me test drive it. This car is just as much fun to drive as the day I took it home. I will only drive BMW's for the rest of my life!