Used 2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

I love this car
By TMD_BMWLover

2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car. I've owned it for only 3.5 months, but its my second BMW (I also own a 2002 X5), and this is one of the most enjoyable cars I've ever driven. I wish they offered the M3 in an AWD version, as I would have bought that for the extra power; but don't let the stated hp mis-lead you, as this car provides more than enough acceleration to make for a very enjoyable ride. I shopped this against the Audi A4 and A6 Quatro's and the Infinity AWD model, but you simply can't beat BMW on performance and handling - I highly recommend this car.

The placement of the second cupholder is my biggest pet peeve about this car. Its placed in such a location as to require the movement of the armrest in order for you to use it - for a car of this calibar, one would expect the BMW engineers to be a little more creative.

BMW
By JZuehlke

2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle surpasses all other sedans without question. BMW continues its legacy as the ultimate driving machine.

Xenon headlights, smart key, overall driving experience, brakes

None

Glued to the road
By MtnMad

2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The BMW XI is an ubeleivably good handling car. The sport package is a must though. Without it you can feel that the car is a station wagon in corners, but with the sport package the ability of the car to carve a corner even after going beyond the tire's ability to grip is breathtaking. It may not be a rocket ship in the straight lines, but if the road is snaking nice and tight, that WRX can't get away.

The auto-aiming Xenon lights are pretty cool, and the Harmon Kardon stereo is pretty impressive for a factory unit. How about 32 MPG!!?? I got 32 mpg for one tank while cruising at an even 59 mph all day. I average about 25 mpg.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that I have to pull the door release twice to open the door. Not a bad list after over 12000 miles.

well...
By Nano

2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My wife loves it. It is very important.

Maybe style

Noisy for me. Is it possible to order quetness option to reduce enzine sound and improve quietness? Maybe you think customers who like quiet cars, please go to LEXUS. I like wolf performance but looking and sounds like sheep. High performance but queit and peaceful riding.

Velvet Rails
By mountainhi

2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is glued to the road. I didn't want an SUV, yet I needed some cargo space and all wheel drive, and a Subaru just didn't do much for me. As soon as I drove the BMW I was hooked. It has a great stereo, decent cargo capacity with the seats folded down, and has been getting over 25 MPG. And the handling! I live in the mountains, and the car is just amazing. Even when going into a turn very hot, as long as you keep your foot on the gas pedal, the sliding is minimal. Truely amazing. If you chicken out and let off the gas, it will slide though. I have no regrets.

Xenon headlights that aim automatically. Auto wipers.

A bit more power would be nice, but I do like the good fuel economy...