2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
2004 bmw 325i
By andrew on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Had the car about a year, and my wife hit a deer with it. The deer struck her on the driver side window, and its horn left a mark all the way up the window that I cant even buff out. However I feel that any other window would have busted and my wife would have had a deer in her lap.

Overall, "The Ultimate Driving Exp."
By FireMedic on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I purchased our '04 325i in Oct. 2008. It was a blast to drive until we sold it today. Alpine white/Montana sand leather color combo was perfect and received tons of compliments! In the 21k miles we drove it, the water pump, lower air intake boot, mirror motor, oil separator and secondary air valve all had to be replaced due to failure. Replaced due to "wear and tear" were f & r brakes, belts, window regulators, etc. Other than a few small repairs, we loved this car and honestly hated to see it go. Pick up a certified pre-owned for the best results, and if possible, one with the extended maintenance plan as these are both fully transferable! Rotate your tires every 3k!

A driver's dream
By killerisme on 08/21/10 08:55 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased new, my ZHP as shown in many example pics for 04 330i sedan (dark gray) was a great intro to the UDM experience. Razor sharp and excellent power and handling, with great ride and economy to boot. Only one mechanical issue due to fuel quality. Good room for what is really a small car. Always looked forward to driving it.

best car I've ever owned
By david fulginiti on 02/15/10 16:04 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

bought my 330i new, has performance pak,most options. never has let me down. drove it thru a flood, snow, ice and 90 plus temps,always make me smile and gets me home. I also own a 2008 M3 and I enjoy this car(330i) more as a daily drive.

Unreal control in snow and ice
By AaronWhite on 02/01/10 10:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2004 325xi for three years now and have enjoyed driving it every minute. I grew up with Mercedes and am used to German engineering, build quality, etc. However, I think the 3 series, particularly the XI (AWD) variants, are very tough to beat. This was confirmed over the weekend when I drove from DC to North Carolina and spent three days driving around in snow and ice in NC. I cannot explain how well the car handles in bad weather. It is truly unreal. When trying to slip and slide, the car takes over, cuts the gas, shifts the traction around to the various wheels and keeps the car in control. No complaints in 60k miles of driving it.

Love this car but reliability not great
By J. Brand on 10/19/09 22:05 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

There are 3 things I love about this car: 1) Handling and performance, it's a dream to drive on freeways and windy roads. 2) Interior is simple and elegant - I prefer BMW interior of this model period vs the newer BMW design which is unnecessarily complex. 3) Seats are firm and very comfortable for long rides. I sat in the back seat of a friend's BMW 3-series of same year and the surprisingly comfortable ride in the back if you want a smaller car. It would be tight squeeze though for a guy over 6 ft tall but more room than Mercedes C-class in same price range.

I'm Sold
By cho on 10/09/09 17:55 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought mine CPO; premium and sports package; black on black with 39,000 miles in 2007. I've always owned Japanese and my last car was a 1997 Integra GSR. But I needed a 4-door for the ease of carrying more than one passenger, so I bought this Bimmer even though I had trepidation about its reliability as I found this particular year and model to be the best looking 4-door sport sedan out there (even now in 2009 IMO). Two years into the ownership and I have not had any major issue. I recently lost my job; I don't miss my job but I missed not making the daily commute in my 325i. That's how much I love this car, how about that!

The perfect balance of sport and luxury
By Dana H. on 06/01/09 22:32 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am eighteen years old and this is my second BMW. My first BMW was a 2000 sports wagon and I hated it! It was time to get into something sportier, yet sophisticated and practical. I fell in love with this car the moment the sales person drove it out of their garage and let me test drive it. This car is just as much fun to drive as the day I took it home. I will only drive BMW's for the rest of my life!

Worth the wait!
By dhump33 on 04/29/09 09:13 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the way the car looks (Mystic Blue with gray interior) with sports package. I feel safe in the car because it is so solidly made. It's so much fun to drive and to be seen in! I had an epiphany when washing my bimmer for the first time by hand. It reminded me of my first Hot Wheels toy car, a BMW, orange and a 300 series from the 70's. AS I was washing my car I felt like I was washing my toy car.

I can't walk away
By L. Robb on 01/26/09 16:34 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have asked my car guy to get me an SUV, a convertible, and on and on, but I cannot leave my 330I with SMG and M package. The car history revealed it was not a dealer car but sent over as a test vehicle then landed in an auction. I am told it is lower and more tuned than other models. I love driving it. The original tires were Michelin Pilot Sport summer which burned off at 25,000 miles. I replaced with Pilot All-Season and rears are wearing considerably faster than fronts. Just had the full 50,000 inspection and C check, the first off warranty. The full day check, new belts, fluids, an electrical glitch in a tail light and rear brakes, pads and rotors, came to $1900.