Used 2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Saved my life
By cantbelieve

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

i "had" this car, but its totaled and it saved my life. i was 120 down pch and then saw a cop and tried to evade, hit a turn at 100 mph and totaled the car, glad the car sacrificed itself rather then me. this accident was 5 hours ago, i went to the ambulance and got xrays and what not. it happened so fast but the bmw saved my life. no kidding people, im gio rios and you can find me on twitter @officialgiorios im 17 years old. i thank god for the car. the cops said i was very fortunate to be driving the vehicle of choice.

It's only a car till you drive it
By MikeInNNJ

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Got it with 63k (74k now) and it's been excellent. The handling, quality, drivability is impressive. There really is a difference from other cars. Very solid feeling. Very roomy as I'm 6'-2", excellent legroom, good headroom. Not the most powerful but has it's moments (generally adequate unless you race). 24-25 mpg highway in the 80s.

Firm seats (good for back), best steering & brakes I've experienced. Reliable so far. Good stereo, reasonably quiet, good solidity, effective A/C. Firm ride but not rattle for teeth rough.

more power, some interior trim pieces are cheap, windows click (will need regulators soon), sunroof screen is flimsy. I don't drive it in slippery conditions so I can't comment on snow driving. HID lighting would be nice (mine doesn't have it). More expensive to maintain than a typical car.

Silver bullet
By Anicca

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had the 330ci for four problem free years. I love the car - it's got everything; great performance, great looks, great economy and great reliability. Who could ask for anything more? I've been a BMW driver for 30 years, and this is the best (tho' I still wouldn't give up my 93 318is). For anyone considering buying a used bimmer, I'd give the 330ci a strong recommendation, without reservations

Handling.

I can't figure out how the change the outside temperature readout from centigrade to fahrenheit.

Love this car
By ggard86

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for one year and a half and still smile every time I get into it. I've taken it on two long road trips 1000+ miles and avg 32 miles on the highway; at home I get about 23. I've had no problems with it and love the once a year oil change. It's a comfortable car and is fast off the line. The exterior and interior style is something BMW should never have left, and in my eyes it has classic lines and a refined German style. The fold down seats and ski bag make a small car easier to swallow. Simply put I love this car and don't mind the car payment.

Overall style and feel, as well as the abundance of features. I never knew how much automatic wipers would change my life. Love the heated windshield fluid and headlight cleaners in the winter. There are so many little things in a BMW others just don't match; for example the flashlight built in.

My dislikes have been fixed in newer models they are: sound system is a little weak, it lacks an aux input, window trim comes unglued. In the winter the frame-less doors tend to be difficult to close. That's it.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By PhantomX

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my BMW 325Ci all of three weeks but I must say I am already smitten with it. This is the most fun automobile to drive I've ever experienced. It makes you want to just get in and drive around with no particular place to go. I've already done that a lot! It has torque at-the- ready all across the RPM band so never any lag when you need to move. The car feels more powerful than it is. It's handling is incredibly dynamic.

Automatic headlights, deep bucket seats, heavy steering feel, nice growl to the exhaust, very, very pretty to look at. I constantly look back over my shoulder at it.

Build quality could be better. Lots of technology to go wrong and is extremely expensive to fix.