Used 2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Don't buy this car
By felipea1

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Overall this is the worst vehicle EVER!! I keep fixing parts all the time, if I can summarize all the problems with BMW 325i I will need more space. Please stay away from BMW you will thank me later. Great engine but that's it; the quality of the cockpit is horrible, the engineers who design the cheap parts in the interior and exterior should be ashamed.

engine

Overall, "The Ultimate Driving Exp."
By FireMedic

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I purchased our '04 325i in Oct. 2008. It was a blast to drive until we sold it today. Alpine white/Montana sand leather color combo was perfect and received tons of compliments! In the 21k miles we drove it, the water pump, lower air intake boot, mirror motor, oil separator and secondary air valve all had to be replaced due to failure. Replaced due to "wear and tear" were f & r brakes, belts, window regulators, etc. Other than a few small repairs, we loved this car and honestly hated to see it go. Pick up a certified pre-owned for the best results, and if possible, one with the extended maintenance plan as these are both fully transferable! Rotate your tires every 3k!

Handling/braking, Xenon headlights, Sport Pkg. seats (amazing bolster/thigh supports)

Engineering of parts...confusing climate/cruise controls.

Love this car but reliability not great
By J. Brand

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

There are 3 things I love about this car: 1) Handling and performance, it's a dream to drive on freeways and windy roads. 2) Interior is simple and elegant - I prefer BMW interior of this model period vs the newer BMW design which is unnecessarily complex. 3) Seats are firm and very comfortable for long rides. I sat in the back seat of a friend's BMW 3-series of same year and the surprisingly comfortable ride in the back if you want a smaller car. It would be tight squeeze though for a guy over 6 ft tall but more room than Mercedes C-class in same price range.

Performance, handling, simple interior design, firm/comfortable seats.

Surprising lack of durability of certain items between 40-60K miles, both back door trim/molding fell off, A/C was fixed, cup holder trim peeling, tail light assembly corroded. Hassle factor & repair cost too high without warranty.

I'm Sold
By cho

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought mine CPO; premium and sports package; black on black with 39,000 miles in 2007. I've always owned Japanese and my last car was a 1997 Integra GSR. But I needed a 4-door for the ease of carrying more than one passenger, so I bought this Bimmer even though I had trepidation about its reliability as I found this particular year and model to be the best looking 4-door sport sedan out there (even now in 2009 IMO). Two years into the ownership and I have not had any major issue. I recently lost my job; I don't miss my job but I missed not making the daily commute in my 325i. That's how much I love this car, how about that!

The exterior line especially the front (and it is true, the car is low to the ground and I've had to fix my front bumper cover twice because it got torn by the cement block in the parking spot as I backed out). The quietness inside even when you are going fast. The performance. The HK stereo.

They may have corrected this in the later models already but wish there was a single mechanism inside the car to control all four windows.

Worth the wait!
By dhump33

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the way the car looks (Mystic Blue with gray interior) with sports package. I feel safe in the car because it is so solidly made. It's so much fun to drive and to be seen in! I had an epiphany when washing my bimmer for the first time by hand. It reminded me of my first Hot Wheels toy car, a BMW, orange and a 300 series from the 70's. AS I was washing my car I felt like I was washing my toy car.

Handling, looks, sound system, comfort.

As an improvement, I would add better placed cup holders and make better trim linings around windshield and doors.

• SUV