2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great car, however...
By BMW Driver on 05/28/08 10:56 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Too many issues. I love my car, however I am taking it in for service at least once a month. The moldings around doors, windows, and fan motor break on a regular basis.

Great car, wish it had better mpg
By Gregular on 03/30/08 02:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 325i for 4 months now and so far I love the car. The only thing I am disappointed with so far is the fuel economy. I drive about 40 miles a day. Of that about 60% is highway and I get a average of 21-23 MPG. I tried changing driving habit and maintaining tire pressure and all I get is 24 mpg tops.

In a Class All Its Own!
By 1 Happy Boy on 12/23/07 09:27 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Love this car! Period!! Is it the fastest? No. Is it the most attractive? No. Is it inexpensive? No. Is it the most luxurious? No. That's a lot of nos, yes? Ah, but wait! Is the 3 Series the most overall well-balanced, interactive, inutuitive, and fun car to drive? Resoundingly, yes! I've owned a lot of cars over the years; an Acura TL, Audi A4, BMW Z4, Honda Accords, Ford Mustang, Toyota Camry, Lexus SC400, and Mini Cooper, and they all do at least one thing very well, maybe even best in class! But overall, the sum of their parts only equal their total. Remarkably, with the 3 Series, its total exceeds the sum of its parts. But you won't find it on paper. You have to drive it to know it.

4 years later, still in love with it
By jazzmin on 09/24/07 17:45 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just had my 2004 325i detailed, and I feel just like the day I drove it off the lot - it is still that much fun to drive. The best surprise I've had with this car is the highway gas mileage. According to the trip computer, I get between 33-34 (sometimes a little more) mpg on the freeway, and that's driving at 70-75 mph. Other than a short in a headlight socket, I haven't had a single problem with this car in the 53K miles I've driven it. Most fun and, again, surprisingly, most reliable car I've ever had, including 3 Hondas and two Toyotas.

Best in its class--again.
By matthew on 09/14/06 23:05 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

325xi with steptronic purchased as certified pre-owned with 18500 miles. Car is like new - agile handling, superb steering, fair to good acceleration (best from 25 mph to 75 mph), and solid feel. Interior leather, carpet, etc., all of high quality with no signs of wear. Seats are firm and comfortable. Cold weather package is a great option but fold-down seats or at least a pass-through should be standard feature on this car as trunk space is limited. Jet black paint is nice but optional metallic paint looks better on this model as 325s lack the chrome trim of the 330s models. Driving experience is great whether on highway or twisty back roads. H-K sound upgrade is good but not outstanding.

Luv It
By Pam White on 04/21/06 18:50 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second BMW I have owned. The first was a 1999 323i and it was my most favorite car - but I totaled it on the ice. It saved my life, as I slid into ongoing traffic and was hit in the driver door with a van on the interstate. I walked away without a scratch. I finally found the 2004 325i that I have now. It is now my most favorite car. More power, came with arm rest and doesn't hesitate at starts into traffic

Information
By Bob on 01/28/06 21:42 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I moved from a 1986 Acura Legend (first US model) to the 325i Bimmer due to a favorable military overseas purchase price. The BMW is what they say it is but it is not perfect. I find the layout of buttons regulating windows (in the center console) to be awkward compared to almost all other cars with controls mounted on the door armrest area; if you live in a gated community, the frequent use of this item can be a nuisance. The trunk is too small for more than one set of golf clubs! Otherwise, this machine is impeccable in construction and the performance is outstanding, especially at high speeds!

Almost perfect
By Sean Craft on 11/07/05 01:03 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I am a huge BMW fan. Once you get them into your blood, they are impossible to get out of your system. This model is small with very limited rear seat room and a tiny, shallow trunk, so try it on for size. While very sophisticated technically and engineered to perfection the interior is looking dated. The 325's smaller inline 6 is a little weak down low, but is fine for passing and highway work. Very smooth powertrain, great ride, smooth in every way. The last two year's models have much more standard equipment then older models. They had standard sunroof and rain sensing wipers, CD and full power. They could use standard driver's power seat at least for this pr

What 3 series is all about
By pazman on 09/07/05 16:49 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned 2 E30 body style 3 series (early 90's), as well as a Z3. This 2004 325i gets me back to my roots and back to what i expect from a BMW - riding on rails, good acceleration, and feeling like I am in a solid car. Unfortunately, the car has become the symbol of the yuppie. If you are a true car afficionado - a true lover of what BMWs mean (and call them properly a bimmer and not a beemer - which is reserved for their bikes), than you won't be disappointed. I looked at Mercedes, and they are great cars, but if you are focused on performance, take a ride in this one and see how well it picks-up and goes and corners.

the new 325i rocks
By InHoff on 07/12/05 20:49 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I'picked up my European deliver BMW 325i 2006 in Munich in June and drove about 2.5K miles through Southern Germany and the mountains of Italy. This is the best car I ever drove. It offers a seductive mix of sportiness and elegance. The handling on narrow mountain roads was superb and the car was incredibly stable and at peace irrespective of speed (the top was an effortless 135 mph) and weather. This car rocks - it makes driving a spiritual experience.