2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Best wagon I've ever owned - Hands down
By amishthunder on 03/29/12 12:47 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased my wagon used from a local dealer after selling my Subaru Outback. I was turned off initially by the stiff steering, but now I am hooked with the "driving experience" this car gives - including the seemingly stiff steering. Being in Colorado, I experience many different driving conditions ranging from hot 100 degree dry days down to subzero and totally ice covered roads. This wagon has exceeded my expectations, and outperforms any of my previous Subaru's AWD systems. This car inspires confidence in any driving condition, and the attention to detail and level of engineering is outstanding.

BMW = Practical
By Kenny on 05/15/07 14:12 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Wife and I had our first kid and dumped a minivan for the BMW wagon. She loves everything about this car. The AWD is good in the snow and 2 Britax car seats fit comfortably in the back with the armrest down. With enough space to pack all the kiddie stuff in the rear, my wife loves the ride, stability, safety, and overall ride of the wagon. Who's kidding... I love driving it too.

A Great All-Rounder
By Helios on 06/04/05 14:22 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Our first BMW. It's difficult to summarize why we love this car so much - let's just say it does everything well. All the components work together perfectly. Athletic and refined at the same time. Driving it can be relaxed or exciting - you choose. Options can add up quickly, but do yourself a favor and spring for heated seats and park distance control. The stock halogen headlights are the best I've ever used - no need for Xenons in my opinion. The 2.5 liter engine's fine above 2500 rpm and absolutely loves to run at highway speeds.

Fun-to-drive and practical
By Harry in Los Angeles on 04/15/05 13:09 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My wife & I bought our blue 325iT certified pre-owned and have been extremely happy with the car. (And at CPO pricing, almost a bargain.) The car is as fun to drive as the 325 sedan and even sticks better in the curves due to its slight rearward weight bias and lowered suspension. At freeway speeds, we get 32 mpg! (City fuel economy, tho, is a poor 18 mpg.) Rear seat area is adequate but not spacious but we find the rear cargo area just fine (if you need to carry a 70-inch TV, maybe you need a bigger wagon). The Premium Package is superb - very luxurious and power-everything - get it. Fit and finish are also superb and our reliability has been pretty rock solid. A fabulous car.

LOVE MY BIMMER
By SHIRLEY BROWN on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

EXCELLENT PERFORMING VEHICLE THAT GETS BETTER MILEAGE THE HARDER YOU DRIVE IT. THE STEPTRONIC TRANSMISSION IS THE KEY TO FUEL EFFICIENCY ON CITY OR MOUNTAIN DRIVING. LOVE THIS CAR. MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS AFTER DRIVING FOR 5 HOURS THE SEATS IN THE 325I REALLY START HURTING THE BACK. NO LUMBAR SUPPORT. OVERALL RATING IS HIGH.

I love this car
By TMD_BMWLover on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car. I've owned it for only 3.5 months, but its my second BMW (I also own a 2002 X5), and this is one of the most enjoyable cars I've ever driven. I wish they offered the M3 in an AWD version, as I would have bought that for the extra power; but don't let the stated hp mis-lead you, as this car provides more than enough acceleration to make for a very enjoyable ride. I shopped this against the Audi A4 and A6 Quatro's and the Infinity AWD model, but you simply can't beat BMW on performance and handling - I highly recommend this car.

BMW
By JZuehlke on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle surpasses all other sedans without question. BMW continues its legacy as the ultimate driving machine.

Glued to the road
By MtnMad on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The BMW XI is an ubeleivably good handling car. The sport package is a must though. Without it you can feel that the car is a station wagon in corners, but with the sport package the ability of the car to carve a corner even after going beyond the tire's ability to grip is breathtaking. It may not be a rocket ship in the straight lines, but if the road is snaking nice and tight, that WRX can't get away.

well...
By Nano on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My wife loves it. It is very important.

Velvet Rails
By mountainhi on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is glued to the road. I didn't want an SUV, yet I needed some cargo space and all wheel drive, and a Subaru just didn't do much for me. As soon as I drove the BMW I was hooked. It has a great stereo, decent cargo capacity with the seats folded down, and has been getting over 25 MPG. And the handling! I live in the mountains, and the car is just amazing. Even when going into a turn very hot, as long as you keep your foot on the gas pedal, the sliding is minimal. Truely amazing. If you chicken out and let off the gas, it will slide though. I have no regrets.