2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

330xi Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
I wanted to love this car.
By gdeutschlander on 03/31/13 18:28 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW was a 1987 325e and it ran perfect for 280,000 miles other than normal maintenance. At 280k the coil burned out, I put a new one in and 2 weeks later and the same thing happened. I tried one more time and the same problem so I sold it DOA. I bought a 2004 BMW 330Xi with 59,000 miles on it. My car now has 99,000 miles on it and here are all of the items I replaced. Complete CCV cold weather kit, Crankcase Vent Valve, Oil Separator Hose, Breather Hose. Valve cover gasket, valve cover, power steering pump, spark plugs and coil pack, rear springs, cv joints, DISA, multiple alignments because of pulling, brakes, and now it has mustard color under the oil cap.

Great combo of Fun/Practical
By Ernie on 08/24/08 06:56 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased used w/ 18K miles almost 2 years ago. My driving is both suburban and highway, mostly conservative but I like to open it up once in a while. I drive about 20k per year. As title says, this car is a great combo of features when you have to use it to bring a kid to soccer practice, etc and like to "play" a bit. Not as comfortable on a long trip as our Volvo but it's livable. We have extended service plan up to 100k and it is worth it as with almost all Euro cars everything is very expensive and BMW takes full advantage.

A Change
By KIM on 11/03/07 21:46 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

From having a truck or SUV for every car that I have owned, I have to say this is fun to drive. My last vehicle was a Tahoe I needed a more fuel economical vehicle. I researched and test drove several cars and would have to say this is the best one. It could use some more interior room and definitely a useful second cup holder. Still not sure what all the buttons do. Beware of pulling into parking spots that have a curb, you will scrape. Leather seats seems to get a lot hotter than my other leather seats. My brakes seem to leave black residue on them (no I am not hard on the brakes).

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Omaha Dave on 03/21/07 08:57 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have owned Porsche, Volvo, Audi, Saab, BMW, Mercedes, VW & am used to superb handling, but this BMW is incredible! I drove it home 500 miles immediately after buying and it was a blast!. Before I bought I did my research and drove Infiniti G35x, MB 320 4matic, Subaru Legacy GT, Volvo S60R and while the others may have more hp and maybe even be a bit faster, none compared to the overall driving experience of the 330xi! There is a lot to be said about the differences in handling with AWD cars built from RWD platforms vs FWD platforms. It may be as smooth and tight as my 82 Porsche 911sc. 27.5 mpg coming home was a huge bonus!

330xi ROCKS!
By PDXLager on 11/09/05 07:16 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Upgraded from a 2002 Saab 9-3 which had plenty of turbo-charged power, but it couldn't handle it (torque steer, spinning tires, etc.) The BMW 330xi is amazing. It's solid, well- balanced, handles corners like they're not even there, is quick off the line.... it's great. The only dings are for storage space, fuel economy, and (because it's lacking the winter package) not having fold-down rear seats. Other than that: perfect.

Best Car Ever
By Terry on 12/27/04 21:38 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I drive 120 miles per day to and from work. This car looks great, and handles even better. Fast and comfortable. All wheel drive has been good so far in New England

Overpriced
By vermont on 11/15/04 13:23 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I previously owned a 2001 330xi and was looking forward to owning another. While the reliability is terrific, this car is not as well designed--and has developed many vibrations and rattles and does not handle nearly as well. The quality has diminished (for example, two of the speakers, one of the mirrors and the front brakes have all been replaced). There are many other cars on the market which offer better value.

You can do better for this much money
By xyrium on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for 2500 miles now and can only say that it has the worst suspension, and drive by wire system imaginable. There is a 0.5 second delay after you hit the accelerator, and the car bounces, floats, and leans terribly regarding the suspension. The interior is nice and clean. However the performance suffers so greatly, I am going to have to upgrade both the suspension and software to make it livable. I thought it was the break in period, but alas, it's made this way. Not recommended for anyone that owned a previous (E36 model years) BMW. The XI version drives more like an SUV than a sedan. For the money, it's not worth it.

UDM no - be careful selecting a dealer
By FoggyDew on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's always being a dream of mine to own a BMW. I guess the moral of the story is be careful what you wish for... it might come true. It is a nice car to drive, good handling, performance is somewhat lacking with the manual transmission, but I've brought it back to the shop almost every month since it was 3months old with one problem or another. Tulley BMW of Nashua are terrible, guess their a known problem in BMW circles. BMW have put me in touch with another dealer who hopefully resolve the problems you wouldn't expect in a car that costs this much.

No doubt...the best
By Senna #1 on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have owned 325's, A4, & Passat in past and this car is simply the best. When compared to TL, G35, & even A4 it seems expensive at first, until you drive it for a few days. Sticks to the road with minimal road noise, doesn't give you a back/buttache on long trips and still provides the panache of a BMW. Power is steady to redline with tire grip and brakes to give you confidence to take on any corner and have the ability to correct any driver mistake. I have 12,000 miles on mine with no problems to date. Still have not driven it in snow but it drives like it's on rails thru heavy rain. Xenon lamps are worth the extra expense.