2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

330i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
UMM why did i ever get rid of this CAR??? ZHP
By happy163 on 01/04/15 03:09 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had about 10 different cars throughout my lifespan of only 29 years! I have owned three BMWs VWs a Toyota, Mazda and have driven many other vehicles. This is by far the BEST vehicle ever built. Way to go BMW. I had the 330i fully stocked with navigation, cold weather, premium and 6-speed manual. It was a rare find and I was stupid enough to trade it in and regret it everyday. The engine was silky smooth and soo powerful. IT handled like butter and could turn on a dime. The car felt like you were driving on roller coaster tracks everywhere you went. The gas mileage was excellent. These cars will also you a lifetime I've seen engines go for 300K miles. The inline 6 is so reliable and fun!

Great vehicle, for any occasion...
By arod305 on 01/25/12 14:42 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Ive had my 2004 330i ( M Package ) for about 2 years now . Its the best vehicle I've ever owned. It now has 96k miles on it and i still owe 4k but let me tell you its a great car, not to mention the handling of this car and the grip has saved me from 2 big accidents, I couldnt believe how good the handling is. So far Ive changed the gas pump, power steering pump, radiator, fan clutch on the engine, not very cheap, but today very happy with it. The exterior look is amazing and so far thank GOD the car has never been crashed and the interior Ive had to fix some stuff here and there but nothing major. Sometimes people ask me what year is your car, i love the way it looks , and mind you its a 2004 !! gREAT CAR, I would recommend it to anyone.

04 330i with Performance Pkg
By czego82 on 01/06/11 08:16 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW that I owned and the best one by far. What makes this car different from others is the ZHP package or Hight Performance Pkg which give it different look and options. O owned it for over 4yrs and never had any major problems. I purchased it with 44k and now has around 80. Maintenance on it cost me around $1k per year including oil changes and Michelin high performance tires. Car came with HID headlights, leather, navi and all available options.

A driver's dream
By killerisme on 08/21/10 08:55 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased new, my ZHP as shown in many example pics for 04 330i sedan (dark gray) was a great intro to the UDM experience. Razor sharp and excellent power and handling, with great ride and economy to boot. Only one mechanical issue due to fuel quality. Good room for what is really a small car. Always looked forward to driving it.

best car I've ever owned
By david fulginiti on 02/15/10 16:04 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

bought my 330i new, has performance pak,most options. never has let me down. drove it thru a flood, snow, ice and 90 plus temps,always make me smile and gets me home. I also own a 2008 M3 and I enjoy this car(330i) more as a daily drive.

The perfect balance of sport and luxury
By Dana H. on 06/01/09 22:32 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am eighteen years old and this is my second BMW. My first BMW was a 2000 sports wagon and I hated it! It was time to get into something sportier, yet sophisticated and practical. I fell in love with this car the moment the sales person drove it out of their garage and let me test drive it. This car is just as much fun to drive as the day I took it home. I will only drive BMW's for the rest of my life!

I can't walk away
By L. Robb on 01/26/09 16:34 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have asked my car guy to get me an SUV, a convertible, and on and on, but I cannot leave my 330I with SMG and M package. The car history revealed it was not a dealer car but sent over as a test vehicle then landed in an auction. I am told it is lower and more tuned than other models. I love driving it. The original tires were Michelin Pilot Sport summer which burned off at 25,000 miles. I replaced with Pilot All-Season and rears are wearing considerably faster than fronts. Just had the full 50,000 inspection and C check, the first off warranty. The full day check, new belts, fluids, an electrical glitch in a tail light and rear brakes, pads and rotors, came to $1900.

Germans make better cars...
By Dustin W. on 11/01/08 22:09 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I own a 2004 330i w/ performance package. These cars are truly amazing. Unsurpassed performance, elegant styling, reliable, & fun to drive. I drove many models before purchasing mine, I highly recommend the performance package. The power difference is huge, and the styling and standard equipment are worth the extra. I also recommend the manual 6 speed, makes driving and handling much more fun. BMW puts an amazing amount of feel and predictability in the drivers hands. No corners cut in the design and test phase, this car can run around town to get groceries or hold its own on the race track.

Great car - but probably overhyped.
By BR on 07/31/08 17:57 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car and deservedly a benchmark for the class, but don't blindly drink the BMW kool-aid. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase after a little over a year. There are faster, plusher, and overtly sportier cars, but really very few that do everything as well as the 330 does. As long as it stays reliable, I'll be a happy owner. Keep your expectations in check though as in 80% of everyday driving, many of the qualities of a 330 are pretty subtle improvements over the competition and even down-market vehicles. The superior handling, performance, ride often are most noticed by their absence when you're driving a different car...

BMW 330i SPEED :-)
By patrick on 05/30/08 00:20 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for 1 year now and love it. It has the zhp package which makes it like a 4 door m3. Its very fast. I recently learned of a race mode for it. Put it in sport mode then the button (DSC) push and hold for 4 seconds a dsc light comes on allong with a orange light that says brake. When you get it in this put your foot on the floor from a stop and feel the POWER.