2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Looks Great, but looks can be deceiving.
By a587789 on 02/26/12 15:51 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used with 60k on it. At first it drove wonderfully. Then old age set in. After 25k miles, it started to break down. It seems like all the things in the engine that broke down, were plastic. Water pump, coolant reservoir, etc..... Not cheap to fix. Power steering pump went out quick and every mechanic, including BMW Mechanics, knew this was a major problem. $750 just to fix the pump. I decided it was time to part ways when I needed to make a 2k mile trip and I found out I had an oil leak, the window motor went out and the ac blower motor was going out. These are great cars if you're Bill Gates, but I'm not. So I bought a Charger.

Most Reliable BMW, 2004, 325i
By mikeygg69 on 07/01/11 19:44 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The 2004, BMW 325i is the most reliable and aggressive engine of the 3 series BMW line. I purchased the BMW in Heidelberg, Germany brand new in 2003 October. Since then, I have not really spent any money replacing or changing mechanical parts, except for the rotor, shocks, struts, and of course the occasional oil change. Driving this vehicle is a dream. At 100,000 miles, I just got the transmission and differential oil change. For $36K, it has been the best purchase of this magnitude, ever. The only bad thing about the 2004, BMW 325i is the interior is made very cheap. Stuff start to fall apart after a few years.

I like this car
By jraby on 02/07/11 16:04 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have really enjoyed driving this car.

Not recommended too crapy user interface not a luxury car at all!!!!!!!!!!!!
By prinze on 01/09/11 15:28 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Had this car since 2004 engine for this car is pretty good, but has a lot of little problems came up from time to time...The alignment is one of the biggest i took it to the BMW dealer for three times and they still couldn't completely fix the problem. The computer told them it is aligned but when i on road it always tends to go left. The interior wood got a lot the cracks i guess from the hot and cold weather. This car has very bad control interface, the cruise control responds is very slow. when i press the accelerator it didn't accelerate until least least 5 seconds later, same goes for decelerate. BWM should known better than in a highway 5 second disaster!!!

Don't buy this car
By felipea1 on 12/26/10 14:19 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Overall this is the worst vehicle EVER!! I keep fixing parts all the time, if I can summarize all the problems with BMW 325i I will need more space. Please stay away from BMW you will thank me later. Great engine but that's it; the quality of the cockpit is horrible, the engineers who design the cheap parts in the interior and exterior should be ashamed.

Overall, "The Ultimate Driving Exp."
By FireMedic on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I purchased our '04 325i in Oct. 2008. It was a blast to drive until we sold it today. Alpine white/Montana sand leather color combo was perfect and received tons of compliments! In the 21k miles we drove it, the water pump, lower air intake boot, mirror motor, oil separator and secondary air valve all had to be replaced due to failure. Replaced due to "wear and tear" were f & r brakes, belts, window regulators, etc. Other than a few small repairs, we loved this car and honestly hated to see it go. Pick up a certified pre-owned for the best results, and if possible, one with the extended maintenance plan as these are both fully transferable! Rotate your tires every 3k!

Love this car but reliability not great
By J. Brand on 10/19/09 22:05 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

There are 3 things I love about this car: 1) Handling and performance, it's a dream to drive on freeways and windy roads. 2) Interior is simple and elegant - I prefer BMW interior of this model period vs the newer BMW design which is unnecessarily complex. 3) Seats are firm and very comfortable for long rides. I sat in the back seat of a friend's BMW 3-series of same year and the surprisingly comfortable ride in the back if you want a smaller car. It would be tight squeeze though for a guy over 6 ft tall but more room than Mercedes C-class in same price range.

I'm Sold
By cho on 10/09/09 17:55 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought mine CPO; premium and sports package; black on black with 39,000 miles in 2007. I've always owned Japanese and my last car was a 1997 Integra GSR. But I needed a 4-door for the ease of carrying more than one passenger, so I bought this Bimmer even though I had trepidation about its reliability as I found this particular year and model to be the best looking 4-door sport sedan out there (even now in 2009 IMO). Two years into the ownership and I have not had any major issue. I recently lost my job; I don't miss my job but I missed not making the daily commute in my 325i. That's how much I love this car, how about that!

Worth the wait!
By dhump33 on 04/29/09 09:13 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the way the car looks (Mystic Blue with gray interior) with sports package. I feel safe in the car because it is so solidly made. It's so much fun to drive and to be seen in! I had an epiphany when washing my bimmer for the first time by hand. It reminded me of my first Hot Wheels toy car, a BMW, orange and a 300 series from the 70's. AS I was washing my car I felt like I was washing my toy car.

lovin this car
By ricks corgis on 01/19/09 14:43 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car cert used. Best car I've owned. I'm ready for a newer one. With snow tires it goes thru anything, good on gas. Looks handles great, very reliable