Used 2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Bmw e46 325i sedan auto
By e46e90

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Even though this car was automatic I have never driven a car like this one! When I abused it, it was so predictable, when I drive casually, no car was as fun and connected as thus car. I have never felt so happy and safe in a car as I did in this one. I was the second owner at 165000 miles, I changed the oil twice, changed the transmission fluid, and gave it gas once in a while. This car never gave me any problems, issues or annoyances. I was comfortable driving this car, and never in my mind did I ever fell that it would let me down when I drove it. I had it for 2 years and I will never own a car other than a bmw. I sold it for a manual car, I wanted an e46 again but I found a 2006 e90 325i

Favorite Features

The responsiveness, the handling, the performance, and anything relating to the car mechanically. It really is an outstanding drivers car, and very responsive and plenty powerful even at 170000 plus miles, and more reliable than a Japanese car. Same with the e90

Suggested Improvements

The exterior styling. It would be perfect if it looked like the e46 coupe but with 4 doors. The ugly black line going all around the car needs to go, and the car needs to be a bit lower and more sloped and headlights more elegant like the 04 coupe. But still an attractive car.

Looks Great, but looks can be deceiving.
By a587789

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used with 60k on it. At first it drove wonderfully. Then old age set in. After 25k miles, it started to break down. It seems like all the things in the engine that broke down, were plastic. Water pump, coolant reservoir, etc..... Not cheap to fix. Power steering pump went out quick and every mechanic, including BMW Mechanics, knew this was a major problem. $750 just to fix the pump. I decided it was time to part ways when I needed to make a 2k mile trip and I found out I had an oil leak, the window motor went out and the ac blower motor was going out. These are great cars if you're Bill Gates, but I'm not. So I bought a Charger.

Favorite Features

Driving performance. Acceleration. Handling. Exterior Design. Comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Everything else.

Most Reliable BMW, 2004, 325i
By mikeygg69

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The 2004, BMW 325i is the most reliable and aggressive engine of the 3 series BMW line. I purchased the BMW in Heidelberg, Germany brand new in 2003 October. Since then, I have not really spent any money replacing or changing mechanical parts, except for the rotor, shocks, struts, and of course the occasional oil change. Driving this vehicle is a dream. At 100,000 miles, I just got the transmission and differential oil change. For $36K, it has been the best purchase of this magnitude, ever. The only bad thing about the 2004, BMW 325i is the interior is made very cheap. Stuff start to fall apart after a few years.

Favorite Features

Engine

Suggested Improvements

Better durability of interior.

I like this car
By jraby

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have really enjoyed driving this car.

Not recommended too crapy user interface not a luxury car at all!!!!!!!!!!!!
By prinze

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Had this car since 2004 engine for this car is pretty good, but has a lot of little problems came up from time to time...The alignment is one of the biggest i took it to the BMW dealer for three times and they still couldn't completely fix the problem. The computer told them it is aligned but when i on road it always tends to go left. The interior wood got a lot the cracks i guess from the hot and cold weather. This car has very bad control interface, the cruise control responds is very slow. when i press the accelerator it didn't accelerate until least least 5 seconds later, same goes for decelerate. BWM should known better than in a highway 5 second disaster!!!

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

This car has very bad control interface, the cruise control responds is very slow. when i press the accelerator it didn't accelerate until least least 5 seconds later, same goes for decelerate. BWM should known better than in a highway 5 second responds time for the cruise control would mean disaster!!!!!!!!! There is no indication if the cruise control is set or not only indicates it is On and that is not the same as set the car at a certain speed!!!!!!!!!!.