2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Awesome Car!
By 330joy on 06/21/11 14:26 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car from its first owner in Sept. 2010, and the only regret that I have had is that I did not buy it sooner. I'm a first time BMW owner, and I now know what they mean by the Ultimate Driving Machine. With the 6-speed, the car is more than quick enough to maneuver through traffic. For some terrible reason, this car becomes even more fun as the speeds climb. At 100+ MPH it still feels like it's on rails. Mechanically this car seems immaculate, I love the perfect mechanical sound the gear box maxes as you change a gear at low speeds. Both exterior and interior build quality is fantastic; and I love the driving position/feel despite being 6'2" and 225 lbs.

Saved my life
By cantbelieve on 03/12/11 20:02 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

i "had" this car, but its totaled and it saved my life. i was 120 down pch and then saw a cop and tried to evade, hit a turn at 100 mph and totaled the car, glad the car sacrificed itself rather then me. this accident was 5 hours ago, i went to the ambulance and got xrays and what not. it happened so fast but the bmw saved my life. no kidding people, im gio rios and you can find me on twitter @officialgiorios im 17 years old. i thank god for the car. the cops said i was very fortunate to be driving the vehicle of choice.

Silver bullet
By Anicca on 04/05/10 22:14 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had the 330ci for four problem free years. I love the car - it's got everything; great performance, great looks, great economy and great reliability. Who could ask for anything more? I've been a BMW driver for 30 years, and this is the best (tho' I still wouldn't give up my 93 318is). For anyone considering buying a used bimmer, I'd give the 330ci a strong recommendation, without reservations

Love this car
By ggard86 on 03/05/10 11:43 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for one year and a half and still smile every time I get into it. I've taken it on two long road trips 1000+ miles and avg 32 miles on the highway; at home I get about 23. I've had no problems with it and love the once a year oil change. It's a comfortable car and is fast off the line. The exterior and interior style is something BMW should never have left, and in my eyes it has classic lines and a refined German style. The fold down seats and ski bag make a small car easier to swallow. Simply put I love this car and don't mind the car payment.

It simply glides
By Brian from Indiana on 02/17/09 21:23 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Became 3rd owner of a 2004 BMW 330ci with 26k miles in March of 2008. I fell in love with BMW during my first test drive. Powerful acceleration at all speeds. Goes from 60 to 100 without feeling anything. Smooth, quiet, amazing handling/cornering; it simply glides. Be prepared to donate some organs to service and maintain. At 30k miles it needed rear brake pads ($250), alignment ($100), replace driver side door lock actuator ($800), replace throttle boot ($200).

Still the Sexiest Car on the Road
By daveuc97 on 11/06/08 08:31 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It has been 4.5 years since I bought it and I still get excited every time I get behind the wheel. You can punch it through the sharpest of curves and fly up and down the steepest of hills will full confidence that this machine will exceed your expectations. Solid ride! Better thrill than a roller coaster! In fact, the other day, while resting at a stop sign after a fun filled heart pounding 10 minute joy ride thru the Connecticut countryside, I actually thought I heard the car mutter, “how’d I do?” Add on the fact that this is still the best looking car on the road and that it has the sweetest engine purr you will hear from a car in this class, I have myself a solid purchase!

330ci ZHP 5-A, Nice drive
By Sierck on 05/26/08 15:04 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nice running and handling car, fun to drive on the country twisties. Engine revs easily, wants to go. Seats are superior, much more comfortable than my other car, 1999 Lexus GS300. I like to drive the Lexus, I love to drive the BMW. Just 1000 miles so far, no problems yet. AC seems to work great, was worried about black leather in florida, but ac cools quickly. Had also worried about the firm ride of the ZHP performance package, but rides nice on highways and newer roads, I don't regret the comfort tradeoff for the incredible handling, even sport suspension still quite civilized. All in all, very happy that I purchased this vehicle.

German reliability is an oxymoron
By JohnnyBoy on 05/12/07 05:16 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My car with the 6 speed performance package is probably the most fun to drive machine on the road. The handling is superb and the engine growl is great. Ride is a bit stiff, but that should be expected from a true sport sedan. I've had a number of warranty repairs and I sometimes question if I made the right choice. I definitely will dump this car for something more reliable when the warranty is up, even though I'd really like to keep it. The thought of needing to pay the frequent repair bills is frightening.

I love this car!
By Sean Diesel on 02/24/07 03:56 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a true driver's car. It is very fun to drive, has EXCELLENT handling. The engine is powerful and sounds very powerful, and the interior is very stylish and luxurious. This car is the perfect car for a mix between luxury, performance, and economy.

Still In Love
By D. on 11/28/06 11:44 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car looks and drives great. The size is perfect for me. My boyfriend has even been offered phone numbers from women while he was out washing my car & NOT his Infiniti G35! Here are the issues I've seen. Driver's door wont open when its raining. My "1-touch" sunroof wont close with 1 touch, I have to hold the button. Molding peels in South Florida heat. Trunk button in the car doesn't works. The biggest issue is the height of the car. I know it helps with stability & avoiding rollover but new & potential owners: ALWAYS BACK YOUR 3-SERIES IN WHEN THERE IS A CEMENT STOPPER! Its the only way to go. I've replaced my front bumper cover twice.