Used 2004 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Amazed!
By peacepunk

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car with only 56K miles on the odo in Feb of 2011. I've since added a good 24K and this car still runs and feels like new! I've bought new vehicles before, including a new 1999 Ford Windstar and a 2006 Mazda 5 and I have to tell you the BMW runs way smoother than either of those vehicles did brand new! This car has the most comfortable seats I've ever encoutered and has the smoothese ride I've ever experienced. Sure there are some downsides like the expensive oil changes due to requiring synthetic oil and gassing up costs a bit more as it requires 91 or higher octane. I was never a BMW fan but owning one has put me on top of the fan list!

Favorite Features

Handling is amazing, comfort is top notch, gets good mileage... what more can I say?

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is the sport tires can cause hydroplaning. Even with new tires on a wet surface it can occur, but then is to expected with low profile tires that are more meant for handling.

Purchased for my Son's 16th Birthday
By glen61

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've been driving BMW 5 series for years ; purchased new. When my son was turning 16, I wanted a safe and reliable and let's face it, a hot car...you're only 16 once :-). I located a great priced 2004 325ci, red, with 40K miles in 2009; I made the deal and brought it home. I had an option to purchase the same car albeit blue with the CPO warranty but they wanted 2K more and I said no...big mistake. My whole family really likes this car...sporty, peppy, looks great, etc. But...I purchased the car for 13K and put 7K into it. I belive the other two previous owners just didn't keep up with maintenance or it was listed as a lemon. Once I got beyond all the repairs, awesome; we'll keep the car

Favorite Features

Looks, ride, sporty, split 40/60 rear seat, sunroof, auto back slide out windows, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Don't really like not having access to the second cup holder without raising the arm rest but that's trivial.

It's only a car till you drive it
By MikeInNNJ

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Got it with 63k (74k now) and it's been excellent. The handling, quality, drivability is impressive. There really is a difference from other cars. Very solid feeling. Very roomy as I'm 6'-2", excellent legroom, good headroom. Not the most powerful but has it's moments (generally adequate unless you race). 24-25 mpg highway in the 80s.

Favorite Features

Firm seats (good for back), best steering & brakes I've experienced. Reliable so far. Good stereo, reasonably quiet, good solidity, effective A/C. Firm ride but not rattle for teeth rough.

Suggested Improvements

more power, some interior trim pieces are cheap, windows click (will need regulators soon), sunroof screen is flimsy. I don't drive it in slippery conditions so I can't comment on snow driving. HID lighting would be nice (mine doesn't have it). More expensive to maintain than a typical car.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By PhantomX

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my BMW 325Ci all of three weeks but I must say I am already smitten with it. This is the most fun automobile to drive I've ever experienced. It makes you want to just get in and drive around with no particular place to go. I've already done that a lot! It has torque at-the- ready all across the RPM band so never any lag when you need to move. The car feels more powerful than it is. It's handling is incredibly dynamic.

Favorite Features

Automatic headlights, deep bucket seats, heavy steering feel, nice growl to the exhaust, very, very pretty to look at. I constantly look back over my shoulder at it.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality could be better. Lots of technology to go wrong and is extremely expensive to fix.

It Delivers on Your Expectations!
By Felix_Krull

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car envelopes you inside of it and becomes an extension of your being. It responds to a driver's inputs like its receiving neurological signals from your brain's synapses. Where other cars will go skidding off the road, a BMW 325Ci, with sport package, just digs in and asks, "is that all you got?"

Favorite Features

17-inch wheels, bucket seats, styling, handling, performance, leather.

Suggested Improvements

The build quality could be improved. I bought my 2004 with only 58k on it, but the door and window moldings are all shot. The sensors for the headlights and windshield wipers need replacing. When the engineers can make a car with BMW performance and Toyota quality it will be matchless.