2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Amazed!
By peacepunk on 08/24/11 00:46 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car with only 56K miles on the odo in Feb of 2011. I've since added a good 24K and this car still runs and feels like new! I've bought new vehicles before, including a new 1999 Ford Windstar and a 2006 Mazda 5 and I have to tell you the BMW runs way smoother than either of those vehicles did brand new! This car has the most comfortable seats I've ever encoutered and has the smoothese ride I've ever experienced. Sure there are some downsides like the expensive oil changes due to requiring synthetic oil and gassing up costs a bit more as it requires 91 or higher octane. I was never a BMW fan but owning one has put me on top of the fan list!

Awesome Car!
By 330joy on 06/21/11 14:26 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car from its first owner in Sept. 2010, and the only regret that I have had is that I did not buy it sooner. I'm a first time BMW owner, and I now know what they mean by the Ultimate Driving Machine. With the 6-speed, the car is more than quick enough to maneuver through traffic. For some terrible reason, this car becomes even more fun as the speeds climb. At 100+ MPH it still feels like it's on rails. Mechanically this car seems immaculate, I love the perfect mechanical sound the gear box maxes as you change a gear at low speeds. Both exterior and interior build quality is fantastic; and I love the driving position/feel despite being 6'2" and 225 lbs.

Purchased for my Son's 16th Birthday
By glen61 on 05/01/11 15:47 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've been driving BMW 5 series for years ; purchased new. When my son was turning 16, I wanted a safe and reliable and let's face it, a hot car...you're only 16 once :-). I located a great priced 2004 325ci, red, with 40K miles in 2009; I made the deal and brought it home. I had an option to purchase the same car albeit blue with the CPO warranty but they wanted 2K more and I said no...big mistake. My whole family really likes this car...sporty, peppy, looks great, etc. But...I purchased the car for 13K and put 7K into it. I belive the other two previous owners just didn't keep up with maintenance or it was listed as a lemon. Once I got beyond all the repairs, awesome; we'll keep the car

Saved my life
By cantbelieve on 03/12/11 20:02 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

i "had" this car, but its totaled and it saved my life. i was 120 down pch and then saw a cop and tried to evade, hit a turn at 100 mph and totaled the car, glad the car sacrificed itself rather then me. this accident was 5 hours ago, i went to the ambulance and got xrays and what not. it happened so fast but the bmw saved my life. no kidding people, im gio rios and you can find me on twitter @officialgiorios im 17 years old. i thank god for the car. the cops said i was very fortunate to be driving the vehicle of choice.

It's only a car till you drive it
By MikeInNNJ on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Got it with 63k (74k now) and it's been excellent. The handling, quality, drivability is impressive. There really is a difference from other cars. Very solid feeling. Very roomy as I'm 6'-2", excellent legroom, good headroom. Not the most powerful but has it's moments (generally adequate unless you race). 24-25 mpg highway in the 80s.

Silver bullet
By Anicca on 04/05/10 22:14 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had the 330ci for four problem free years. I love the car - it's got everything; great performance, great looks, great economy and great reliability. Who could ask for anything more? I've been a BMW driver for 30 years, and this is the best (tho' I still wouldn't give up my 93 318is). For anyone considering buying a used bimmer, I'd give the 330ci a strong recommendation, without reservations

Love this car
By ggard86 on 03/05/10 11:43 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for one year and a half and still smile every time I get into it. I've taken it on two long road trips 1000+ miles and avg 32 miles on the highway; at home I get about 23. I've had no problems with it and love the once a year oil change. It's a comfortable car and is fast off the line. The exterior and interior style is something BMW should never have left, and in my eyes it has classic lines and a refined German style. The fold down seats and ski bag make a small car easier to swallow. Simply put I love this car and don't mind the car payment.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By PhantomX on 08/26/09 20:53 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my BMW 325Ci all of three weeks but I must say I am already smitten with it. This is the most fun automobile to drive I've ever experienced. It makes you want to just get in and drive around with no particular place to go. I've already done that a lot! It has torque at-the- ready all across the RPM band so never any lag when you need to move. The car feels more powerful than it is. It's handling is incredibly dynamic.

It Delivers on Your Expectations!
By Felix_Krull on 08/04/09 21:47 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car envelopes you inside of it and becomes an extension of your being. It responds to a driver's inputs like its receiving neurological signals from your brain's synapses. Where other cars will go skidding off the road, a BMW 325Ci, with sport package, just digs in and asks, "is that all you got?"

It simply glides
By Brian from Indiana on 02/17/09 21:23 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Became 3rd owner of a 2004 BMW 330ci with 26k miles in March of 2008. I fell in love with BMW during my first test drive. Powerful acceleration at all speeds. Goes from 60 to 100 without feeling anything. Smooth, quiet, amazing handling/cornering; it simply glides. Be prepared to donate some organs to service and maintain. At 30k miles it needed rear brake pads ($250), alignment ($100), replace driver side door lock actuator ($800), replace throttle boot ($200).