Used 2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

I'm trying and I can't find a flaw
By cheapdeep

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I"m one of those guys. You know, the type that's incredibly picky about his cars and finds a few things that could be done better in every car he's owned. I've had a lot of great cars over the years but this is the BEST. I really can't think of anything I would change. It drives great, is incredibly comfortable, looks amazing, has great options and features, plenty of power, incredible handling and it's just flat out FUN. This is the first review i've ever given that hasn't been hyper critical.

Favorite Features

Everything! I thought about getting a 650CI instead but preferred the handling and interior of this one better.

Suggested Improvements

Average about 20 mgg's in the city. Could be better. Maybe a hair more reliable.

My Ride
By luvlincolns

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car with 40,000 miles on it. I like it a lot. It turns heads and make for a great conversation piece wherever I am. Handling is incredible. It seems to have a few small elec problems though. One day the car wouldn't let me out of it, windows, roof, doors, locked for about 10 min. Some days the car won't start when I turn key the 1st time, have to do it twice. All lights come on dash and you hear a noise from the engine but nothing but on second turn it cranks. My car requires me to add antifreeze every month, this seems odd also.

Favorite Features

The top down baby, the top.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe just a little more room in the back seat area.

A joy to drive
By Tom H

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my 330ci with the performance package as a pre-owned vehicle - couldn't be happier with the ownership experience, performance, and handling. Not a single negative issue with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

1) Performance - love the 6 speed manual. 2) Styling - classic BMW lines! 3) Handling - exceptional. 4) Convertible top up/down in about 20 seconds.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had an iPod dock but I suppose that's been addressed in new models now that it's 2007.

Excellent All Round Fun Car
By 3rm

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best all round performance and fun for the money. Would like more HP, but absolutely fun everytime you are behind the wheel. Pluses - handling, style, fun factor. Minuses - don't like the stereo, heater display washes out in sun, some go out in cold. Seats wearing prematurely driver side. Pricey extras like CD changer which is in trunk, alarm system an option. Convertible top not latched, warning light too low in vehicle, too small.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, stereo controls on steering wheel. Driving position very comfortable. Ease opening closing top. Solid feel of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo/heater display needs improvement. Cup holders (yes even in a Bimmer) should be improved. CD in dash not trunk.

Great car but reliability is awful
By jcwizard

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I fell in love with the look, performance, and premium features of this car. I've owned it for 2.5 years and it has been at the dealer for repairs about 12 times. No major problems but problems nonetheless that require constant repairs. Defective battery, leaking headlight washer system, broken trunk lock, rattling convertible top, squeeky window, the list goes on and on. I bought this car and babied it, planning to keep it forever. I'm not planning to dump it as I'm sure once the warranty is out I will be getting killed on repair bills. I'll never buy another BMW.

Favorite Features

Adaptive headlamps. Navigation. Fully automatic convertible top.

Suggested Improvements

Quality! Quality!