Used 2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Fun First Sport Coupe
By Jeff Mortberg

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car about a year ago. It is the first and only BMW I've ever owned. It is my favorite car of all that I've owned. With the top down on a sunny day, zinging through the twists and turns of an undulating country road, this car is a ton of fun. My first thought on a beautiful day when I am free from obligations is "...Go for a drive..."! The 2.5 liter in-line six is smooth and responsive. With just 184 hp and similar number torque, it won't win a drag race with a Mustang, but it is surprisingly peppy. I'd estimate 0-60 comes in around 7 seconds, which is comparable to my 2011 Fusion Sport AWD (which has 263 hp). But the miles per gallon is much better. I'm seeing around 28-30 highway, and 21-23 city. This car also just looks great. It cannot be considered practical, seeing the owners' manual strongly suggests using premium gas, and it only carries four people (and their handbags) with just a modicum of back-seat comfort. But who ever buys a convertible with practicality as their first consideration? This is one fun, reliable, and pretty car. I can't recommend it highly enough to the right buyer. This one has definitely made me a BMW fan!

I love this car!!
By britay

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car sold me on BMW's. The only complaint is that little things break.

heated seats, top down.

Better interior workmanship. Little things break, plastic items in car.

I'm trying and I can't find a flaw
By cheapdeep

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I"m one of those guys. You know, the type that's incredibly picky about his cars and finds a few things that could be done better in every car he's owned. I've had a lot of great cars over the years but this is the BEST. I really can't think of anything I would change. It drives great, is incredibly comfortable, looks amazing, has great options and features, plenty of power, incredible handling and it's just flat out FUN. This is the first review i've ever given that hasn't been hyper critical.

Everything! I thought about getting a 650CI instead but preferred the handling and interior of this one better.

Average about 20 mgg's in the city. Could be better. Maybe a hair more reliable.

I bought a CPO
By HW

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought CPO and have had it for over 3 years. I got the mystic blue with light gray interior. What a nice combo. Have not had one single problem with it. I was concerned about the cloth top but it has been surprisingly easy to maintain. I also burn regular gas to save money and it runs just fine. I think this model is more attractive than the new models.

The brakes will stop this car on a dime. Just awesome. Also, the trunk, with the top down, will hold three sets of golf clubs (you have to take out the woods and lay them on top).

The one thing I do not like is the cost of dealer service. Its outrageous.

My Ride
By luvlincolns

2004 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car with 40,000 miles on it. I like it a lot. It turns heads and make for a great conversation piece wherever I am. Handling is incredible. It seems to have a few small elec problems though. One day the car wouldn't let me out of it, windows, roof, doors, locked for about 10 min. Some days the car won't start when I turn key the 1st time, have to do it twice. All lights come on dash and you hear a noise from the engine but nothing but on second turn it cranks. My car requires me to add antifreeze every month, this seems odd also.

The top down baby, the top.

Maybe just a little more room in the back seat area.

• SUV