Used 2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

UMM why did i ever get rid of this CAR??? ZHP
By happy163

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had about 10 different cars throughout my lifespan of only 29 years! I have owned three BMWs VWs a Toyota, Mazda and have driven many other vehicles. This is by far the BEST vehicle ever built. Way to go BMW. I had the 330i fully stocked with navigation, cold weather, premium and 6-speed manual. It was a rare find and I was stupid enough to trade it in and regret it everyday. The engine was silky smooth and soo powerful. IT handled like butter and could turn on a dime. The car felt like you were driving on roller coaster tracks everywhere you went. The gas mileage was excellent. These cars will also you a lifetime I've seen engines go for 300K miles. The inline 6 is so reliable and fun!

everyhting! sunroof, ambient lights, door lights, door switches in the middle of the console, cold a/c, wheels on ZHP, handling, interior design, materials used on dash, steering wheel composure, fun to drive. I would make an excuse to drive just to drive this thing around and would burn up soo much fuel just driving around aimlessly. Love the HID lights and all features BMW made. These cars are awesome! Um everything about this car is wonderful from seating position, leather stitching, alcantara steering wheel, suspension and grip, wonderful harmon kardon sound system. Thank you God for the myriad of blessings you have bestowed on me. Thank you for everything!

more reliable parts like window regulators, control arm bushings. But no car is 100% perfect because everyone would only buy that brand!

Great vehicle, for any occasion...
By arod305

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Ive had my 2004 330i ( M Package ) for about 2 years now . Its the best vehicle I've ever owned. It now has 96k miles on it and i still owe 4k but let me tell you its a great car, not to mention the handling of this car and the grip has saved me from 2 big accidents, I couldnt believe how good the handling is. So far Ive changed the gas pump, power steering pump, radiator, fan clutch on the engine, not very cheap, but today very happy with it. The exterior look is amazing and so far thank GOD the car has never been crashed and the interior Ive had to fix some stuff here and there but nothing major. Sometimes people ask me what year is your car, i love the way it looks , and mind you its a 2004 !! gREAT CAR, I would recommend it to anyone.

04 330i with Performance Pkg
By czego82

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW that I owned and the best one by far. What makes this car different from others is the ZHP package or Hight Performance Pkg which give it different look and options. O owned it for over 4yrs and never had any major problems. I purchased it with 44k and now has around 80. Maintenance on it cost me around $1k per year including oil changes and Michelin high performance tires. Car came with HID headlights, leather, navi and all available options.

Performance suspension, 155mph top speed, 6spd trany, comfort, reliability

NON - best e46 3-series made

A driver's dream
By killerisme

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased new, my ZHP as shown in many example pics for 04 330i sedan (dark gray) was a great intro to the UDM experience. Razor sharp and excellent power and handling, with great ride and economy to boot. Only one mechanical issue due to fuel quality. Good room for what is really a small car. Always looked forward to driving it.

All the M features of the ZHP package really sharpened and added to the driving experience. Almost perfect for a sporty daily driver. Only rarely did I wish for more power from the engine, which was free-revving and buttery smooth. Short throw shifter was also appreciated.

Interior features kind of slim for the price, and maintenance costs are high (OEM tires ran $1000 and I was probably in 90th percentile getting 40k miles out of them) once you have to start paying for them.

best car I've ever owned
By david fulginiti

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

bought my 330i new, has performance pak,most options. never has let me down. drove it thru a flood, snow, ice and 90 plus temps,always make me smile and gets me home. I also own a 2008 M3 and I enjoy this car(330i) more as a daily drive.

seats

would love limited slip differential