Used 2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Best blend of sport and luxury
By tom2020

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 330Ci as a European Delivery vehicle in 2004. Great deal from BMW where they give you a discount and two months of driving in Europe. All you pay is gas. 90K miles later and I still love this car. It is fast, luxurious and comfortable. The only upgrades were winter snow wheels and tires and a high end aftermarket sound system. I have driven many vehicles since 2004 and none have this perfect blend of sport and luxury. On top of that I have zero reliability issues. Changed the fluids, filters, brakes, tires and wiper blades...that's it.

Favorite Features

Handling and sense of connection to the road that only a 3 series BMW delivers with such luxury. I love the sound of the engine and excellent drive train. Since I have done my own maintenance, I can also say that BMW engineers have made servicing this car as simpler than a Toyota.

Suggested Improvements

My number one performance gap was the speakers and amplifier that came with the car. In 2004 the audio engineering was not equal to the rest of the engineering in the car. So I upgraded with Zapco digitally tunable amp and speakers. Sounds fantastic now:)

Awesome Car!
By 330joy

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car from its first owner in Sept. 2010, and the only regret that I have had is that I did not buy it sooner. I'm a first time BMW owner, and I now know what they mean by the Ultimate Driving Machine. With the 6-speed, the car is more than quick enough to maneuver through traffic. For some terrible reason, this car becomes even more fun as the speeds climb. At 100+ MPH it still feels like it's on rails. Mechanically this car seems immaculate, I love the perfect mechanical sound the gear box maxes as you change a gear at low speeds. Both exterior and interior build quality is fantastic; and I love the driving position/feel despite being 6'2" and 225 lbs.

Favorite Features

The inline 6, handling, transmission, and build quality.

Suggested Improvements

None (maybe just the ability to make cars in front of you disappear!)

Saved my life
By cantbelieve

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

i "had" this car, but its totaled and it saved my life. i was 120 down pch and then saw a cop and tried to evade, hit a turn at 100 mph and totaled the car, glad the car sacrificed itself rather then me. this accident was 5 hours ago, i went to the ambulance and got xrays and what not. it happened so fast but the bmw saved my life. no kidding people, im gio rios and you can find me on twitter @officialgiorios im 17 years old. i thank god for the car. the cops said i was very fortunate to be driving the vehicle of choice.

Silver bullet
By Anicca

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had the 330ci for four problem free years. I love the car - it's got everything; great performance, great looks, great economy and great reliability. Who could ask for anything more? I've been a BMW driver for 30 years, and this is the best (tho' I still wouldn't give up my 93 318is). For anyone considering buying a used bimmer, I'd give the 330ci a strong recommendation, without reservations

Favorite Features

Handling.

Suggested Improvements

I can't figure out how the change the outside temperature readout from centigrade to fahrenheit.

Love this car
By ggard86

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for one year and a half and still smile every time I get into it. I've taken it on two long road trips 1000+ miles and avg 32 miles on the highway; at home I get about 23. I've had no problems with it and love the once a year oil change. It's a comfortable car and is fast off the line. The exterior and interior style is something BMW should never have left, and in my eyes it has classic lines and a refined German style. The fold down seats and ski bag make a small car easier to swallow. Simply put I love this car and don't mind the car payment.

Favorite Features

Overall style and feel, as well as the abundance of features. I never knew how much automatic wipers would change my life. Love the heated windshield fluid and headlight cleaners in the winter. There are so many little things in a BMW others just don't match; for example the flashlight built in.

Suggested Improvements

My dislikes have been fixed in newer models they are: sound system is a little weak, it lacks an aux input, window trim comes unglued. In the winter the frame-less doors tend to be difficult to close. That's it.