Will not own another BMW
By outdoorzdude on
2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)
Never own a BMW out of warranty. I sold my 2003 325i I purchased brand new and maintain impeccably for 150,000 highway miles, kept it 100k miles too long. It’s like they used to say about boats, “the happiest day, is the day you bought it and the day you sell it.” Though that is unfair to boats, as I have a 20 year old boat with a two-stoke Yamaha that has not given me one-tenth the problems this car has and judging from the online forums, I am not alone. Alternators, radiators, water pumps, valve cover gaskets, fuel pumps, window regulators, final stage resistors, seatbelt tensioners, the list goes on and on. Avoid these cars unless you like to work on high tech autos for fun.
Favorite Features
Fuel Efficiency, Sporty driveability.
Suggested Improvements
Stop using cheap materials that will knowingly wear out in order to increase dealer service profits. Used better engineered materials/parts to imporve reliability.
By keplerandmia
on 06/26/12 13:57 PM (PDT)

I would recommend selling your BMW immediately after it is out of warranty or lease it and turn it back in. My 2003 325i has cost me over $26,000 to date in repairs and maintenance. I have 124,000 miles on it. It started being an expensive habit the second it was out of warrranty. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE BMWs, but they have an extemely high cost of ownership. I had no idea!