Scott's E46 - Ultimate Driving... period.
By scotte46 on
2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)
I've been a BMW guy for a few years. I have 3 of them, all purchased with at least 70K miles on them, so I got them pretty cheap. Started with '97 540i sport, then '02 M5, and recently added '03 330ci sport. With so many fun cars to drive, it's tough to decide which one I want to use each day. Most often choose the 330. Why? It's just so darn fun to drive on the twisty roads in SW Wisconsin (where I live). M5 has incredible power and comfort, but the 330 just seems to know where I want to put it in every corner, and its plenty fast. With 3 cars to share the miles, I haven't been forced to fix much; I do most of the required maint myself and use local Indy for rest.
Favorite Features
The way it handles on twisty country roads. The whine of the engine at redline in each gear. The simplicity of performing an oil change. How cool the car looks... the coupe is really stunning visually. Way nicer than the latest models. If I had a lot of problems with the car I'd get rid of it like others have done. I just haven't. We'll see. Hey at least I don't have to worry about needing $7K for repairs on the ABC suspension on a C-class MB. Good grief!
Suggested Improvements
Less plastic in the interior. (I'm spoiled by the full-leather package on my M5).