2003 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Overall, not many problems

2003 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

325xi Sedan (2.5L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Overall, not many problems
By snwbrd26 on

2003 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 64k miles on it, and brought it in once for a 'check-up' around 80k and recently around 120k. I don't know if I've been lucky, but I have had hardly any problems with this car. There was a coolant leak the first time around, and this time was rear springs, valve cover oil leak, front breaks and rotors, with a full inspection (with my car being over 120k miles, I expected more). I had more problems with my VW. I have saved by changing my own oil (which is simpler than my VW was) and I've changed the window mechanism myself, which is easy if you take 3 mins to google how to change it. I love this car, and intend to run it to the ground. Yes, dealer costs are expensive.

Air conditioning and heat kick on fast, Love how the radio tells you what's playing, drifts like a champ ;) , sucks in the snow (if you wanna have fun!) otherwise it's awesome in the snow with cheap all-season tires, decent gas mileage for a 6/four wheel drive, I just really love this car and will definitely be purchasing another when it runs its course.

Was slightly disappointed with some of the electronic features as compared to other company's of that year, electronics in general (but that's German cars for you!