2003 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: I wish my commute was longer!!

2003 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

330i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I wish my commute was longer!!
By DaveH on

2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you like a cushy, comfy ride to the grocery store or you want every wiz bang electronic gadget under sun, look to the Japanese automakers. If you want a driver's machine that'll demand you hit exit ramps at speeds other cars cruise at on the highway, this car is for you. The 330i is a driver's car. My wife says, "Why do you need to go that fast from stop light to stop light?" Jam the accelerator in 2nd at 3000 RPMs and you'll feel the answer. This car begs to be driven and it's way too tempting not to comply. Aside from flat out acceleration and gobs of torque, the 330i feels like it's on rails whilst careening around corners or exit ramps. Drive it and you'll see.

Favorite Features

Plenty of acceleration. Gives you confidence in the corners. Utilitarian, only what you need. Seats hold you in during hard cornering. Huge aftermarket potential.

Suggested Improvements

As an aftermarket mod, I added a Dinan Cold Air Intake and Stage 2 software which really woke this car up. I plan to underdrive the pulleys, install a short shifter and add a Remus exhaust. Also have the clutch delay valve removed and shifting will be less jerky.