Fun while it lasts
By R. Parker on
2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I was completely in love with this car when I bought it. Although I bought it used, it was my first BMW but most likely will now be my last. The problems I have had on this car are unbelievable. The warning light that the right tail light is out has been on and off since I bought it. I have had to replace window regulators, the sunroof, injectors, spark plugs, bushings and a host of other things. The straw that broke the camel's back came a few days ago - an engine/exhaust problem that's going to cost $3500 to fix. In the last year I've shelled out $9K on this vehicle. I loved driving this car it was so much fun. But now I am looking at something more reliable - like a Hyundai.
Favorite Features
The gas mileage I got was awesome! 25 mpg city, 35 mpg hwy. This car has some great pick up with the 6 cylinder engine and zips through traffic like a dream.
Suggested Improvements
Do the words "quality control" mean anything to anybody? Given the number of complaints I've read here and at other websites BMW needs to do something to make a better car. I wish I had had the experience of those who say they've never had problems. This car has been problematic from the start.