Fun overshadows nagging problems
By blueguydotcom on
2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
My 330i with performance package and 6 speed manual is without a doubt the most entertaining vehicle I've ever ownned. The tight suspension, growl from the exhaust and the eager to rev inline 6 make driving far more interesting than it should be. Bumper-to-bumper, fine. Open roads, even better. Curvy open roads, I'm in Nirvana. The car's been plagued with problems from day one. From the factory my e-brake arrived broken. The engine developed a stutter at wide-open-throttle and BMW can't fix it. Often my electric locks refuse to work - again BMW can't fix this. My ignition coils went out at 25k miles. I've had a long list of problems; in the end, I'll miss it though.
Favorite Features
Great interior/driving position. I don't feel like I'm in a dowdy 4 door. High-revving engine and great gearing gives the car power at low speeds, yet superb economy (31 mpg) running 100 mph all day. Solid, stiff suspension makes the car a delight in corners. Better than the e90 by far.
Suggested Improvements
Improve electrical components. Train BMW techs how to fix issues! More power would be nice too.