2003 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Fun overshadows nagging proble

2003 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

2003 BMW 3 Series

330i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Fun overshadows nagging problems
By blueguydotcom on

2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 330i with performance package and 6 speed manual is without a doubt the most entertaining vehicle I've ever ownned. The tight suspension, growl from the exhaust and the eager to rev inline 6 make driving far more interesting than it should be. Bumper-to-bumper, fine. Open roads, even better. Curvy open roads, I'm in Nirvana. The car's been plagued with problems from day one. From the factory my e-brake arrived broken. The engine developed a stutter at wide-open-throttle and BMW can't fix it. Often my electric locks refuse to work - again BMW can't fix this. My ignition coils went out at 25k miles. I've had a long list of problems; in the end, I'll miss it though.

Great interior/driving position. I don't feel like I'm in a dowdy 4 door. High-revving engine and great gearing gives the car power at low speeds, yet superb economy (31 mpg) running 100 mph all day. Solid, stiff suspension makes the car a delight in corners. Better than the e90 by far.

Improve electrical components. Train BMW techs how to fix issues! More power would be nice too.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review