2003 BMW 3 Series 2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Debriefing

2003 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

325i Sedan (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Debriefing
By Rob Miller on

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my first BMW, a titanium 325i sedan with sport package, manual trans, leather, and xenon headlights, in spring 2003. During the years I had it, it was as close to perfect as a car can be. Nevertheless, a month ago, I traded it on a 2008 328i, with a sport package and manual transmission. The only reasons I traded were that the 2003 was getting old and soon wouldn't be worth much in a trade. While I had it, It was an extraordinarily good car: fun to drive, very reliable, practically trouble-free, and cheap to own because of the 48,000/5 year warranty. If the car hadn't been so good, I would have never bought another. So far, the 328i has been great--another winner!

Favorite Features

I liked most everything about this car! First, it was great looking. Very quiet/serene, even at high speeds. Decent but not great power. Excellent handling, even at high speeds. Reliable and inexpensive to operate. Xenon lights were superior. Controls easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

Premium gas suggestions is unnecessary. The front bucket seats were a bit small and uncomfortable. Basically, any criticisms would be nit-picking.