BMW first timer
By JB on
2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)
2003 325CI coupe w/ 5-sp manual. Pure delight to drive. Manual shifter absolutely glides through each gear, never resisting, never sloppy, just smooth as silk. Power is best termed as graceful. Around town, passing, or normal acceleration just FEELS authoritative, confident and agile quick. Interstate driving is where you especially feel like you own the road. Passing cars and filling holes in traffic so effortlessly. When I test drove this car, I had to run the car out through the gears to get an idea of it's power. Quite frankly, my first impression wasn't that high due to it's lack of high-rev power. The 2.5 is never going to be a screamer. But who actually drives a car full-out anyway?
Favorite Features
Graceful, confident power and handling. Makes you want to go anywhere just for the pleasure of driving. One of the all-time great looking models - a classic. Love the rear windows power pop-out design. 5-sp manual smoothness. Beautiful paint finish. 25 MPG around town, really, I was shocked!
Suggested Improvements
Everyone's already suggested changing the armrest/console/cup holder design. HK audio system might be ok for those who aren't familiar with excellence in car audio, but nothing special to me. Check out BSW audio on-line for a big improvement w/o big cash outlay.