2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
The snow plower
By TACruiser on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I put on my 04' 330XI only 2,300 miles so far, but I just have to say WOW!!! This car is built so solid, and the looks are killer if you put window tints on it!! The snow storm I was in last night was a joy to ride in in this car, for I passed by every vehicle like nothing with limited slippage. The power is good, and the steptronic is fun to pose as a manual driver. Excellent car!!!

I Love This Car!
By Retlaw on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car! Very balanced, excellent handling, smooth and powerful. With 6 speed manual, car really moves. Gas mileage is ok, good for this type of performance, pretty good on highway. AWD comes in very handy in New England winters, works good, just stay out of deep snow. Back seats are a little tight, as expected.

Best car I have ever owned. Period.
By Morley Kahn on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Extremely smoother transmission, incredible power, acceleration, braking, handling. Going to the supermarket a mile away is a blast - an absolutely fun car, GREAT heater, superb headlights (Xenon) and very reliable.

Laughing like a hyena
By JCRIV on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After driving very modest cars for 27 years, I test drove a few nice ones and BMWs handled like no others. The 5- series was too big for my tastes, and after 30 minutes in a friend's M3 I realized I'd be dead within a week, so the 325 was the logical choice. Four months later I still laugh uproariously every time I approach it, in part because it looks and feels so cool, in part because I traded it in for a 1989 VW Fox. I really wanted Orient Blue, but when the car arrived after a 2-month wait, it was Mystic Blue. The car I used as a template on the dealer's lot was mislabeled on the manifest! Another reason to laugh.

Get one - you won't regret it
By P2 on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

In the 38 days that I have owned and drove this vehicle, I am just as excited today as I was the day I purchased it. I am a firm believer of their MOTTO: This is the Utlimate Driving Machine. Will definitely own BMW's for a long while now.

Couldn't think of another car to buy
By crewbill01 on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my BMW 325xi for 9 months now and could not be more happy. This is the first car that I have had, that the first thought after getting it wasn't .. What car do I want next? Still don't know if I could have any other car.

Awesome car!
By siriusbright on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my new 2003 BMW325i for only one week and I can definitely say that it's the best car in it's class. The performance is outstanding, the stock stereo sounds great, don't believe the reviews you read saying that the stock is not very good (although I haven't heard the Harmon K upgrade). I test drove all the others, Audi, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. and the BMW was the most fun to drive. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who likes performance and class.

no reliability
By joseuz on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 03 BMW 330i has been the most unreliable car i've ever owned. I've had to PUSH THE CAR OFF THE ROAD twice because the fuel gauge and fuel pump sensor problems. The dealer told me BMW knows about the problem and is working on it and the problem only occures in California due to it's low emission requirments. I called BMW of N.america and they said they had no knowledge of the problem. The service engine soon light has lit up twice. They replaced a sensor. The light came on again within a few days. I am trading in this car soon. If you live in California consider my experience before you buy a BMW. You might run out of gas and not know it.

The right choice
By jamm2003 on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just leased my 2003 325i, and know it was the right choice to make. I test drove an Audi A4 1.8 turbo, and it just doesn't compare to the 325 in any catagory. Everything about the BMW is amazing. I was on a tight budget, so the only extras I got were a sunroof and metallic paint. The car is a dream, and the 5 speed manual trany lets me leave all those noisy Hondas in the dust. Its my everyday NY City car, and it turns heads when I drive down every street. Solid (solid!) ride, luxurious, and the dealership service is nice too - they check the tire pressure for me whenever I want.

bimmer
By e28 m5 on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a pleasure to drive and looks sharp. T he engine and manual 5sp are crisp while the s uspension is just perfect and balanced. Couldn't w ait for the performance pkg so I opted for the s port pkg with 18 mv rims. I could drive BMW's for the rest of my life and n ever yearn for another auto!!!!