Used 2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Terrific car
By Jeff

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 21800 miles, 2 months later I have 27K on it. I love it. Minor issues (I bought it used some are expected), replaced 2 window regulators, and a turn signal and socket. This car is great fun to drive, and I'll definitely own another. Next car may be the new 1-series set to come out next year, or a 3-series lease. Decent power, great handling, great turning radius, and great fun to drive. I have the basic car, about as stripped as a BMW comes (my old Sonata had about the same equipment) but it is still quite nice.

Handling, smooth as glass engine (acceleration is a pleasure), good power (but could use a little more), sunroof, there is a lot to love about this car.

Why do you have to replace the sockets when you replace a light/turn signal? A tad more power would be nice (the 2007 325i has a lot more power). At this price point why have vinyl seats (make leather standard, or at least cloth), it gets hot in MD and with vinyl my back gets sweaty and sticky.

Love my 330i
By Christa McMillan

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded my Honda Accord for a white BMW 330i sedan with the sports package. I also have the upgraded stereo with a 6 CD changer. I feel like I am driving a concert on wheels! I have loved driving this car from day one. I didn't know a thing about this car before I bought it which I have never done either. I did purchase the extended maintenance warranty.

The purr of the engine, the handling. It truly is the Ultimate Driving Machine.

I had to replace the ball joints and tie rods at 61,000 miles - that was very pricey and not covered under the maintenance warranty. Window and door controls need to be on the driver side door.

An amazing car! Very satisfied.
By JoelH1025

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been amazing. It performs very well. It's got plenty of power, but certainly not an overwhelming amount. It's enough so that you have no trouble merging, but it's easy to drive. I get about 26-27 mpg overall. It has also been incredibly reliable. My car has 110,000 miles on it, and it has only broken down once. It was a minor problem, too, and it was fixed before the sun went down that day. This car is very comfortable to drive long distances. It's very easy to park, and very maneuverable.

The exterior design is very nice. I love the heated seats. The climate control works very well. The rain sensor is a nice feature.

I wish the cushion of the front seat was longer. It ends about an inch and a half behind my knees. I also don't like the interior wood. I have a black interior, and the only wood offered is dark. The interior feels like a cave after a while. Go for gray or tan interior.

Disappointed
By JN

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second 325 I've owned. The first one (2001) had frequent finicky problems besides the major problem of the transmission going out at 55,000 mi. I got the 03 as I figured it was unusual. However after owning this 03 for 2 yrs I will never own another BMW and I can't wait to get out from under this one. When you know the shop manager by first name you know you have a problem. I've never had to have a car in the shop as much as this one. Many many little problems. Nothing major yet but it's only a matter of time. Engine wise and driveability it's a great car, but something is always causing it to be in the shop. I also own a Lexus and NEVER have a problem. Bye Bye BMW

Driveability, solid feel.

Quality control.

The Greatest Car I've owned
By Pedro

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. I can rely on it, I can take it to its max, I can be a family man but I can also be a sports car driver.

The looks, the body style and the quietness of the engine when needed.

Add a GPS system standard in all BMWs. Just something else to play with.