2003 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Can't beat it
By jgala on 09/10/05 21:30 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is WONDERFUL--so glad it comes with AWD--and boy did I use it last winter--complete safe and secure feeling and unbelievable performance. Service at dealer is fab--I can't say enough good things about this car.

Definitely the ultimate driving machine!
By Arlene on 08/30/05 08:02 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Driving my BMW feels like a million dollars! Of course the top down on a beautiful day is beyond comparision. Drives like a dream. Service is top notch. They treat you like you should be treated. I'd recommend one to everyone. I keep telling my friends if you want one get one! We deserve it. Got mine preowned (1 year, 9000 miles) and saved thousands. It's the way to go.

Not my mother's station wagon!
By Gadget Gal on 07/08/05 14:01 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Reliable, nimble and fun to drive, I have enjoyed my first BMW thoroughly. Sporty feel, excellent handling on highway and twisty back roads.

Croy's BMW 325i
By Croy on 06/29/05 16:00 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Nothing better on the road for performance. I know it's piddly, but I hate the seatbelt. Not very user friendly.

Will Always Own a BMW
By Lisa's BMW on 05/19/05 09:07 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car that makes driving fun again. The acceleration is phenomenal compared to any previous car I've ever owned. I considered buying a Volvo, Saab or Jaguar, but the resale value of the BMW was better than any of these other cars. The engine sound and exterior appearance will turn people's heads when the hear and see the car. The gas mileage is good, especially considering the fact that the 330 is a luxury/sports car.

Meets high expectations
By tw on 05/18/05 16:29 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Every time I get into this car I feel good. This makes up for what ever short comings there may be; at the moment, I can't think of any.

Too many issues
By LA on 04/07/05 21:36 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Transmission needed to be replaced at 17,000 miles (apparently an issue BMW is trying to hide on the 2003), mildew smell from AC (BMW actually told me its cars aren't made for humid conditions since it's not humid in Germany), and had to be towed in to dealership 3 times in first year for a variety of what BMW called "little" issues.

Not Making the Cut
By T. Davy on 01/20/05 15:01 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had several problems with my BMW, fuel filter and pump went bad, ignition coils burning out, window regulators failing, moonroof not sliding properly, I could name a few other minor problems, but why?! I'm currently in the market for a new car, maybe a G35 or C320, definitely not another BMW!

Keep your Asian import
By Wish I had my Honda on 01/04/05 17:45 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was so excited to get my new 325. Love the handling, comfort, smooth transmission........until the problems started. With less than 10,000 miles I had to replace a fuel injector, and one of the passenger side power mirror stopped operating. Now with 23,000 miles I just had to replace an oxygen sensor. Oh and I almost forgot to mention the manufacturer recall (6,000 miles) for another computer related problem. I will definitely sell this car before the warranty runs out and would advise against purchasing a BMW. It's back to relability of Honda/Acura and Toyota/Lexus for me!!

Not again
By JNWFL on 12/13/04 09:01 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the 2nd 3 series I've owned. I thought that maybe the 1st one (2000 323) was just a bad one, but coincidence or not, my 2003 325i confirms to me that I will never own another BMW. The sooner I can get rid of this one the better. Something (small or large) always seems to be going on. I've never had a these problems with any other car I've owned, especially Japanese autos.