2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Truly the ultimate driving machine
By Bob Marley on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I traded my 2002 Maxima for a 325i. Whilst the BMW doesn't have the same brute power as the 3.5 litre Nissan, it is in a class of its own in every other respect. And it will go as quickly as the Maxima if you work at it just a little. A joy to drive, it handles like a dream. Everything feels just right and the car is as solid as a rock on all roads and in all weather. It also gives the impression of being built to last - nothing feels as though it might break off in your hands, unlike in many American cars, and no cheap plastic anywhere, unlike many American and Japanese cars. Added to all this, it is drop-dead gorgeous, both inside and out.

Smooth and Powerful
By BigHal33 on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the sound of the engine. They come up with the slogan the ultimate driving machine and I can see why. It is the most fun car I have ever owned. It absolutely hugs the road. Power is great but handling is even better. I am 6'3" with a bad back so my only problem with it is on long drives my back is achy when I get out of the vehicle. Has great support and lumbar adjustment but it must be my low position that causes me some problems. Not even close though its the best car I have ever owned.

No Better Choice
By robot on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned my Titanium Silver with sports package, leather, and moon roof for 15 months and have had absolutely no problems. Over the years I have had some nice cars--Hondas, Volvos, abd a Mazda Miata--and this is the best one ever. It is beautiful and classy--I just like to look at it sometimes. It handles like a dream, with the perfect combination of sportiness and smooth solid comfort. I'm not easy to please, but my 325i does it for me. Finally, I bought it from a small family dealership and they have treated me very well.

I love my car!
By joevicki on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is the most fun car I have ever driven. It handles so well in the rain, that I actually enjoy splashing thru the puddles. The dynamic stability control is to thank for this - you can feel it take over as water attempts to change your course. It's turning radius is unbelievable and it's easy to park. It's beautiful (metallic green or teal) and really turns heads. It has great acceleration even at 80 MPH. You have to watch for cops, tho...my husband got a 93 MPH ticket in central Texas and it was easy!

Get the Sport Package!!!!
By usualsuspect on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

As with many of the reviewers I test drove everything in the class. Infiniti G35, Saab 9-3 Vector, Volvo S60, Benz 240, Audi A4. The deciding factor for me was my second test drive in the BMW that had the tighter suspention and sport package. Without the sport package the field is a lot closer in my opinion. With the sport package the BMW handles significantly better and provides a more aggressive performance ride. The 17 inch wheels are much better looking also. I will be a BMW owner for life if they continue to produce attractive looking cars with this level of driving performance.

Great Car!!
By suntigen on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car from Desert BMW of Las Vegas. I wouldn't reccomend the experience to other folks. If you live in Vegas, do youself a favor and drive to LA and buy the car. That being said, I love the car! It's solidly built, and stikcs like glue on curves and corners. The AWD with DTC works great and keeps me pointed where I want to go at all times. I wish I had a couple of additional horses, but that's just me I think. It's got a very smooth torque curve, and doesn't pull at all. The car just goes.

Best Sedan on the Road when it runs
By dealer bound on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Car is astoundingly fun to drive for a $40,000 four dour sedan, but this car has been in the shop 3 times for minor mechanical and fit/finish problems. The service was absolutely terrible as well. Takes a month to get an appointment to fix a broken speaker and they still do not fix it right. When you tell them it was not fixed right, they schedule you another appointment 30 days later!!

Still king (?)
By m_spec_330 on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Been Driving this for 6-8 months now. In Canada, thats 25K kms. The handling is excusitive. Braking performance to die for. Suspension is stiff but not too sniff. I fit like a glove in the leather seats. I bought the m-trim model, because no need for the 333 HP, but am happy with the 225 or so this one came with. Major problems with the electronics though. Car has been recalled 2 times, and electronics still do not work properly.

Not Quite The Ultimate Driving Machine
By ecb on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving this car. However, I have had to take the car into the dealer for service 3 times in the 8 months I've owned it. The main problem is with with Transmission. Took the car into the dealer to fix this 2 months ago and was told that the parts needed to be ordered and we would be called when they were in...we're still waiting for a call. I've never owned a car as unreliable as this BMW. If you plan to buy a BMW around the Philadelphia, PA area avoid Devon Hill BMW; they are lacking in any customer service ability.

The snow plower
By TACruiser on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I put on my 04' 330XI only 2,300 miles so far, but I just have to say WOW!!! This car is built so solid, and the looks are killer if you put window tints on it!! The snow storm I was in last night was a joy to ride in in this car, for I passed by every vehicle like nothing with limited slippage. The power is good, and the steptronic is fun to pose as a manual driver. Excellent car!!!