2003 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Fun overshadows nagging problems
By blueguydotcom on 04/10/06 07:42 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 330i with performance package and 6 speed manual is without a doubt the most entertaining vehicle I've ever ownned. The tight suspension, growl from the exhaust and the eager to rev inline 6 make driving far more interesting than it should be. Bumper-to-bumper, fine. Open roads, even better. Curvy open roads, I'm in Nirvana. The car's been plagued with problems from day one. From the factory my e-brake arrived broken. The engine developed a stutter at wide-open-throttle and BMW can't fix it. Often my electric locks refuse to work - again BMW can't fix this. My ignition coils went out at 25k miles. I've had a long list of problems; in the end, I'll miss it though.

Doug's Beamer
By Doug on 03/27/06 15:14 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is an awesome Car. 20 seconds after I get in it at teh end of a long stressful day, all the stress just melts away. Fully automatic convertible top goes down in 22 seconds while sitting at a stoplight.

Awesome Machine
By David on 02/23/06 08:13 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Have had this car for three months now and it is the best car I have ever owned. Before test driving it I always wondered if it cost more for the status and badge. I was very wrong. This drives like no other car I have driven.

Found my DREAM CAR!!!!!!!
By gman02 on 12/28/05 17:41 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ultimate Driving Machine is an understatement. this car handles great with a lot of speed. Cruise at 100mph and not even notice. Use the 5 sp auto and get unbelivable power at your command. This car has power and is as smooth as it gets.

Looking for something fun to drive?
By JJD on 11/25/05 08:18 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive! The handling is terrific. The premium package and sport package are a must. The Harmon Kardon stereo and interior make for an enjoyable driving experience. This is a very low maintenance vehicle to own.

BMW 330 Ci
By trrbo on 11/05/05 12:07 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like the 330 Ci, its fun to drive and gets lots of looks. The car rattles and you have to slam the doors to get them to shut. The interior trim has fallen off several times, and the check coolant light won't go off, even after 3 trips to the dealer. The car also pulls to the left since new, and the dealer says it is normal.

330i ZHP in price of 40K range BEST
By Yevgeni Yun on 10/21/05 13:02 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Simply awesome car, I'm sure reliability-wise it'll never be like a Japanese car but man, for things this car gives me in every day driving I wouldn't consider anything else. Ultimate Driving Machine cant argue with that. Ohh and make sure you get Factory Warranty when you buy this car otherwise stay out.

awd 325
By bill c on 10/11/05 20:40 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This has turned out to be the ultimate experience, great comfort on long trips you arrive refreshed, always looking for back twisty roads for the handling.

A very unreliable experience
By kling994 on 09/24/05 22:32 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent perfomance, fun to drive, very solid grip on road, very smooth, however in 2,1/2 years from purchase date, I had to stop at the dealer 11 times for repairs, without counting oil changes and brakes. I have had mostly electrical problems, signal lights burning out just months after getting vehicle. 2 engine coils, at different times. water getting into the driver side floor when strong rain, even if car was parked. door rubber gaskets had to be replaced on 2 doors, getting worn out (can you believe that..) transmission thump noise when stopping (took 2 years to fix), window switch broke off. etc.... a very disappointing experience for such a expensive and such a good brand name.

Way too much fun!
By MVF on 09/18/05 15:12 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had always read about BMW- the "Ultimate driving machine" and thought what a bunch of $@&*- its a yuppy-mobile. A couple of quick test drives showed me just how wrong I was. I have the performance package and to say I am impressed with this car just wouldn't get the idea across. The suspension is an amazing blend of firm control and quality ride, the engine is great at nearly any rpm- so smooth I forget to shift & very gutsy. This is the most satisfying, fun car to drive (that is still practical) I could find. Owning it has been a pleasure- no problems of any kind, and it puts a smile on my face every day on my way to work- if you see a hole in traffic, it's yours!