2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great little SUV substitute
By cwpnewpaltz on 04/26/06 13:48 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After three SUVs that had trouble getting to 21 mpg on the highway, I finally concluded I needed hauling capacity, not testosterone, and this little BMW wagon. It is a joy to own and drive. My seventh BMW since 1980, and the first non-7 series, I find it has enough creature comforts to be near luxury class,and the reliability is 100%. Free scheduled maintenance and roadside assistance (not that I've needed this service) are a nice plus. Couldn't possibly like a car more.

Shouldn't have these problems for $37k
By Rick Lewis on 04/15/06 21:20 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We have owned this car for about 2 1/2 years now. The styling is sporty and refined. The ride is very comfortable. The size is just right for my wife and I. (No kids.) It just flat out looks good! However, the build quality is somewhat suspect. We have had 3 of the 4 door trim panels break away from their fasteners 4 times now. The latest trip to the dealership they replaced all the wood panel with new ones, feeling the others could have been defective. Who knows but we should not have had to make 4 trips to get it done. Also, the transmission went out on us at 31,000 miles. They said it was a computer malfunction.

Fun overshadows nagging problems
By blueguydotcom on 04/10/06 07:42 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 330i with performance package and 6 speed manual is without a doubt the most entertaining vehicle I've ever ownned. The tight suspension, growl from the exhaust and the eager to rev inline 6 make driving far more interesting than it should be. Bumper-to-bumper, fine. Open roads, even better. Curvy open roads, I'm in Nirvana. The car's been plagued with problems from day one. From the factory my e-brake arrived broken. The engine developed a stutter at wide-open-throttle and BMW can't fix it. Often my electric locks refuse to work - again BMW can't fix this. My ignition coils went out at 25k miles. I've had a long list of problems; in the end, I'll miss it though.

Doug's Beamer
By Doug on 03/27/06 15:14 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is an awesome Car. 20 seconds after I get in it at teh end of a long stressful day, all the stress just melts away. Fully automatic convertible top goes down in 22 seconds while sitting at a stoplight.

Awesome Machine
By David on 02/23/06 08:13 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Have had this car for three months now and it is the best car I have ever owned. Before test driving it I always wondered if it cost more for the status and badge. I was very wrong. This drives like no other car I have driven.

Found my DREAM CAR!!!!!!!
By gman02 on 12/28/05 17:41 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ultimate Driving Machine is an understatement. this car handles great with a lot of speed. Cruise at 100mph and not even notice. Use the 5 sp auto and get unbelivable power at your command. This car has power and is as smooth as it gets.

Looking for something fun to drive?
By JJD on 11/25/05 08:18 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive! The handling is terrific. The premium package and sport package are a must. The Harmon Kardon stereo and interior make for an enjoyable driving experience. This is a very low maintenance vehicle to own.

BMW 330 Ci
By trrbo on 11/05/05 12:07 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like the 330 Ci, its fun to drive and gets lots of looks. The car rattles and you have to slam the doors to get them to shut. The interior trim has fallen off several times, and the check coolant light won't go off, even after 3 trips to the dealer. The car also pulls to the left since new, and the dealer says it is normal.

330i ZHP in price of 40K range BEST
By Yevgeni Yun on 10/21/05 13:02 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Simply awesome car, I'm sure reliability-wise it'll never be like a Japanese car but man, for things this car gives me in every day driving I wouldn't consider anything else. Ultimate Driving Machine cant argue with that. Ohh and make sure you get Factory Warranty when you buy this car otherwise stay out.

awd 325
By bill c on 10/11/05 20:40 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This has turned out to be the ultimate experience, great comfort on long trips you arrive refreshed, always looking for back twisty roads for the handling.