Used 2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 315 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

BMW 03 Failure of Equipment
By Carolyn

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Tail light harness melted and not working. New transmission after 1000 miles. 4-window regulators replaced. Sunroof mechanism replaced. Radio dial does not work. Front tires ride noisy. No one can fit comfortably in the back seat. BMW will not help you with any parts that fail even though they are inferior products that should not have been used in this car. Parts are cheap and are meant to break to keep their parts and service dept. busy. My husband and I have owned 20 vehicle together and we have put more parts on this car then in all of our car combined. Its sad and never buy BMW, buy a Lexus!! or something more reliable . BMW does not care about fixing their problems.

Style, gas mileage, sporty.

Use quality parts and listen to customers.

330i 6sp, fuel economy, safety, fun
By DCNW

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

2003 performance package, 6sp. This is a great car overall, not without problems, but unique in the market. An honest, real and easy 31mpg on the highway with the 6sp, 65-75 mph. Safe and comfortable, and REAR WHEEL DRIVE, impossible to find anymore in a car that handles well and gets good MPG. You will pay more for maintenance, but, you will also get more back when you go to sell the car, they are not everywhere as rental cars. The interior design is simple, a masterpiece, the seats are great, the material quality is top notch. This cars has -astounding- brakes, nimble and firm handling, excellent power, it's a real sleeper and feels like it has much more power than what is published.

Handling, solid feel, simplicity of RWD and no turbo or other gizmos, resale, fuel economy, power. Comfort. Does everything very well, there are cars that do some things better, but none in my opinion that do everything as well. The last of the good 3 series, replacement is more like a Benz (yuck!).

Crap radio antenna, AM band is terrible, front bushings wear out too fast, parts and repair costs.

Worst Car I have ever owned in 30 years
By Moore

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Worst Car I have ever owned in 30 years! When I fist bought this Lemon I loved it. But after 9 months and 6 times in the BMW dealership repairing this turkey I am through with BMW! Mt first Bimmer was a 318ti that I drove almost 300 thousand miles with the same timing belt. This thing has had no less than 3 alternators in the past 2 months at $500.00 a pop, cannot fix the radio $600.00, idleing pully $700.00 and its still not fixed. Do not purchase one of these cars without a warranty!!!!

Don't buy it!

Love/Hate relationship
By Jeff

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 1st BMW, I don't know if I'll buy another. This car is very fun to drive. However, I am a big guy and it is a very small, uncomfortable car. The redesign in 2006+ is a better compromise of room and performance. I spend a lot of time in a car so this matters (30K miles/yr), but it is fun on days off and short trips when I don't spend hours in the car. The worst feature is reliability. I bought it less than 2yrs ago @ 21K miles, I have 74K now. I've replaced all the window regulators (and I'm about to again), an electrical harness, a throttle body boot, and misc other items. The boot wasn't even under my CPO warranty. In less than 2yrs this car has had 20+days in the shop

Fun factor, stick shift, sunroof, one touch UP for all windows (not just one touch down), acceleration, braking.

I shouldn't have an outside light burn out every month. My radio should work properly. The throttle body boot should be under warranty (it isn't a maintenance item). Reliability should at least be up to American car standards. At this level of car leather seats, not vinyl, should be standard.

I'll never drive anything but a BMW!
By Mike

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car in July of 2007 and I have enjoyed this car more than any other car I have ever owned. It handles and holds the road beautifully. It feels like it has more power than it actually does and looks beautiful. For the mileage and how hard I drive this car it holds up extremely well. I have had a few minor issues with it but most of it has been covered under the Certified Pre-Owned Warranty. I have only spent $202.00 out of pocket to fix the car. I bought it with 39,000 miles and it has 43,000 on it now. I recommend only buying a BMW from a BMW dealer because of the great warranty. Buy it from another dealer and spend more money! I will never own anything but a BMW!

Beautiful styling, sporty unshakable handling, rear wheel drive and great gas mileage!

Keep the window and door controls in the center and not on the doors! More power!