Used 2003 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 446 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

330ci
By Bob

2003 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got the car during summer 08. I loved the cabrio part of the car and the handeling. After month or 2 power steering failed had to replace the hoses. A little later engine started overheating which was cover under the warranty. Then i kept getting other minor issues. Then all of a sudden the tranny went down had that rebuilt under the aftermarket warranty. The car was fun till it lasted with all those problems i still liked recently the computer gave up on me that when i realized i should just sell the car.

Convertible top soft front seats and. Seat heaters, handeling.

Build quality cars please, i don't complain about the comfort after all i did get the coupe convertible i can't expect comfort in that.

I had wanted a BMW since I was 16
By Alesha

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is phenomenal. I bought my BMW in March of 2009, almost a year ago, and I still love driving it. The only problem that I've had with it was the rear passenger window fell. Luckily it was an easy fix. Now that I've had a BMW, I really can't imagine ever owning anything else. I love it!

Ultimate Tanning Machine (Update)!
By VB

2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I’ve had it for 1.5 years now and obsession doesn’t stop (just ask my wife). Now that I am approaching my 40's (whew!) and have a wife, couple of kids, etc. I decided to buy a car of my dreams, a BMW 3-ser convertible. So, when the time was right I went ahead and purchased a beautiful E46 325Ci Convertible with sport package, premium package, cold weather package, and 5-speed. It does everything very well. It is a joy to drive and I still wake up in the morning with the thought that I am going to drive it and leave work looking forward to hugging corners on the way home.

It is very reliable and doesn’t cost much to maintain if you don’t go to the dealership.

My front sport seats have bolsters too far apart. It would’ve been nice to have an option to inflate the bolsters (like in M3).The rear seats are not that comfortable. The bottom part of the seat is on the very steep incline. It looks great and is functional, but not comfortable. All very minor.

Amazing car!
By VB

2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've been driving sporty Japanese cars all my life through my 20's and 30's. Now that I am approaching my 40's (whew!) and have a wife, a couple of kids, etc. I decided to buy a car of my dreams, a BMW 3-series convertible. So, when the time was right I went ahead and purchased a beautiful E46 325Ci Convertible with sport package, premium package, cold weather package, and 5- speed. I’ve had it for over a year now and obsession doesn’t stop (just ask my wife). It does everything very well. It is a pure joy to drive and I still wake up in the morning with the thought that I am going to drive it and leave work looking forward to hugging corners on the way home. It is an amazing car!

Great Buy
By joshcaul

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, comfortable and great fuel consumption. I think BMW hit the mark with the 325, my issues are really quite minor. I like the dependability, power, handling and overall style of the car. My soft points are minor, however in a car of this class, these issues should have been addressed prior to production. Cup holder location. I know this sounds petty, however drive it around for a few weeks and you will agree. In order to utilize both cup holders you have to sacrifice your arm rest. Brake dust! I am yet to see a car with this much brake dust. If you are like me and enjoy your car shiny, good luck! Otherwise I love the car and am very happy with the purchase!

Heated seats, power and handling.

Cup holders, Brake dust, a little more room inside the cabin.