Used 2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great Value as Used Car
By GV3

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

For the last 20 years, I've bought used (2-3 yr old) luxury cars with great success. My "new" '03 BMW continues that string. This particular car is a one-owner lease turn-in, BMW certified, fully loaded, 39,000 miles. For $23 thou, it's a great value: fun to drive, looks better than the new 3-series, somebody else has worked out all the kinks, and I got the 100m BMW certified warranty. Life is too short to drive a car with no soul! This car just brings a smile to my face everytime I drive it.

Driving experience, comfort & ergonomics, styling, Teutonic passion, BMW certification.

Wish it had dual-zone climate control. Standard stereo is just ok. Trunk is a bit small. But who cares about any of that?

Shouldn't have these problems for $37k
By Rick Lewis

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We have owned this car for about 2 1/2 years now. The styling is sporty and refined. The ride is very comfortable. The size is just right for my wife and I. (No kids.) It just flat out looks good! However, the build quality is somewhat suspect. We have had 3 of the 4 door trim panels break away from their fasteners 4 times now. The latest trip to the dealership they replaced all the wood panel with new ones, feeling the others could have been defective. Who knows but we should not have had to make 4 trips to get it done. Also, the transmission went out on us at 31,000 miles. They said it was a computer malfunction.

1. It's fun to drive. 2. It looks great! 3. The automatic headlights and windshield wipers.

Quality control should be improved. The build quality is laking and the fit and finish needs work. We will look at the 2006 models when our lease is up but I'm just a little skeptical.

Awesome Machine
By David

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Have had this car for three months now and it is the best car I have ever owned. Before test driving it I always wondered if it cost more for the status and badge. I was very wrong. This drives like no other car I have driven.

The sports package is a must. Really improves the drive and the look of the inside. The xenons are also a real plus.

There are tons of things you can customize on the veh (doors auto lock, lights flash with keyless, etc) I would like to be able to customize in veh and do not have to take it to the dealer.

A very unreliable experience
By kling994

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent perfomance, fun to drive, very solid grip on road, very smooth, however in 2,1/2 years from purchase date, I had to stop at the dealer 11 times for repairs, without counting oil changes and brakes. I have had mostly electrical problems, signal lights burning out just months after getting vehicle. 2 engine coils, at different times. water getting into the driver side floor when strong rain, even if car was parked. door rubber gaskets had to be replaced on 2 doors, getting worn out (can you believe that..) transmission thump noise when stopping (took 2 years to fix), window switch broke off. etc.... a very disappointing experience for such a expensive and such a good brand name.

Fun to drive, excellent handling, excellent braking. very quiet ride. Engine and transmission run excellent.

BMW should get good quality parts. especially in the electrical department. bulbs, coils, better plastic for its window switches, better quality rubber gaskets for its doors.

Croy's BMW 325i
By Croy

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Nothing better on the road for performance. I know it's piddly, but I hate the seatbelt. Not very user friendly.

Handling, dash controls.

Better seat belts and cup holders.