2003 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Unbelievable - No Comparison
By jaybee on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

For those seeking performance, comfort, and an all around superlative experience, consider the BMW 330xi. I just took delivery of mine in Europe and the 330xi has so much power that opting for the xi (AWD) model is one of the best decisions you could ever make! Not only does it sport the BMW performance, quick acceleration, awesome handling, the added AWD weight is not noticed, while the traction is unmatched. I found some ice in a parking lot in Switzerland and TRIED to spin it out and COULD NOT do it! You won't go wrong with this car!

New to the ranks
By Happy commuter on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The most you can have on the road. I test drove the G-35 coupe but do not think that it will live up to the hype. This car handles like a dream! I have the sports, premium, and cold weather packages, all are a must have. Put 450 miles in about 5 days only because I ran out of places to drive.

fun to drive but noisy and rough ride
By ncc11702 on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

sports like handling but rought ride may make your daily trip become tiring.

She Handles
By jZ on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

i have yet to drive a car that handles like a bmw. The classic steering, brakes and suspension are hard to beat. Love it every time i am in it. the controls are intuitive and smart.

It's a keeper
By savvyd on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW. Most definately not my last. Can't wait to hop in the car to go to work. My boss is much happier with me now

The most unreliable car ever!!!!!!!
By alilak on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Avoid this whole series. I had a 1998 328i which never had a problem....the new models are total junk. So far in 10 months I have a new CPU, new fuel pump, new relays, new alternator, 2 new batteries, a new AC compressor, and a new sunroof housing. This car has left me stranded on 4 occasions (once while I was driving it back from the dealer). Car is fun to drive, though....when it works.

top of its market segment
By cjclemson on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Test drove a 2003 A4 3.0L Quattro and did not like the "loose" steering relative to the 325xi. The AWD version will not oversteer when compared to RWD BMW's. BMW just has more road feel than any other car we test drove. Backseats are a little cramped, but the performance, safety, and 4yr full- maintenance warranty sold us. We love the car and will probably always keep a BMW in the family for years to come.

Ultimate Driving Machine is no lie
By weatherman on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just recieved my 325Ci a few weeks ago, and I just can't wait for the weekends to arrive so I can hit the open road. I'm stationed in Spain with the Navy, so I enjoy plenty of different road types to drive on, from twisty, winding scenic country roads to the high speed toll roads. The car handles beautifully. It's comfortable and the climate control, stereo, and window controls are easy to reach. The interior lighting is fantastic as well.

I love my BMW!
By Danica on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my 2003 325i BMW! I feel like I am on top of the world when I'm driving it! Getting in my car is something that I look forward to! I absolutely love the whole exterior design of the car, but I also love the power of the engine and the comfort and safety that I feel while driving it!

Great Car
By Boiler89 on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive. I actually had it at 130mph one day on a flat stretch of highway, felt like I was doing 90. Only stayed at that speed for a few seconds. Unsafe, I know. The only problem I've had with it is it has stalled a couple times after initial start-up. Like in the parking lot, starting to pull away, accelerate, then hit the brake and it dies. This is a steptronic transmission. Otherwise it has been perfect.