2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Fun and practical
By Adam on 04/11/08 17:37 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I moved from a Miata to this after the 2nd kid forced the need for a back seat. It's been a great car so far. Incredibly comfortable for interstate driving and commuting, but still fun enough to toss around without requiring insanely high speeds to enjoy it. Maintenance costs haven't been too bad when I've used shops other than the dealer.

Amazing Car!
By Christa on 03/08/08 19:49 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 330i for almost 4 years. I used to drive a Honda Accord and had several problems with it. I never looked twice at the BMW. The first time I drove it, I absolutely loved it! I wouldn't settle for the 325 - less horse power. I purchased the extended service warranty, which I think was a waste of money. I have the sports package and the front end had to be rebuilt at 62,000 miles. That was disappointing and expensive! It now has 72,000 miles on it. I am torn about what to do - keep it or get another car. I have also had to replace the driver's side window regulator, the tail light assembly, a valve cover gasket and hoses. Still love it - no other like it!

**Update** to "top of its mkt segment"
By cjclemson on 11/07/07 09:41 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is an update to the review that I posted back on 19Nov02. Five years and 76K miles later, the car drives just as well as when I bought it. With that being said, it has had its share of electrical problems (replaced front driver's window motor, front passenger's window motor, and both rear tailight assemblies because of a melted wiring harness). The total of those repairs was around $1,000. Not too bad for 5yrs, but still unacceptable for two window motors to go bad within 5yrs. Overall great car that I plan to keep for hopefully many trouble-free years to come.

I wish my commute was longer!!
By DaveH on 08/08/07 06:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you like a cushy, comfy ride to the grocery store or you want every wiz bang electronic gadget under sun, look to the Japanese automakers. If you want a driver's machine that'll demand you hit exit ramps at speeds other cars cruise at on the highway, this car is for you. The 330i is a driver's car. My wife says, "Why do you need to go that fast from stop light to stop light?" Jam the accelerator in 2nd at 3000 RPMs and you'll feel the answer. This car begs to be driven and it's way too tempting not to comply. Aside from flat out acceleration and gobs of torque, the 330i feels like it's on rails whilst careening around corners or exit ramps. Drive it and you'll see.

Terrific car
By Jeff on 06/24/07 20:13 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 21800 miles, 2 months later I have 27K on it. I love it. Minor issues (I bought it used some are expected), replaced 2 window regulators, and a turn signal and socket. This car is great fun to drive, and I'll definitely own another. Next car may be the new 1-series set to come out next year, or a 3-series lease. Decent power, great handling, great turning radius, and great fun to drive. I have the basic car, about as stripped as a BMW comes (my old Sonata had about the same equipment) but it is still quite nice.

Love my 330i
By Christa McMillan on 06/20/07 18:15 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded my Honda Accord for a white BMW 330i sedan with the sports package. I also have the upgraded stereo with a 6 CD changer. I feel like I am driving a concert on wheels! I have loved driving this car from day one. I didn't know a thing about this car before I bought it which I have never done either. I did purchase the extended maintenance warranty.

An amazing car! Very satisfied.
By JoelH1025 on 09/29/06 13:12 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been amazing. It performs very well. It's got plenty of power, but certainly not an overwhelming amount. It's enough so that you have no trouble merging, but it's easy to drive. I get about 26-27 mpg overall. It has also been incredibly reliable. My car has 110,000 miles on it, and it has only broken down once. It was a minor problem, too, and it was fixed before the sun went down that day. This car is very comfortable to drive long distances. It's very easy to park, and very maneuverable.

Disappointed
By JN on 08/13/06 19:54 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second 325 I've owned. The first one (2001) had frequent finicky problems besides the major problem of the transmission going out at 55,000 mi. I got the 03 as I figured it was unusual. However after owning this 03 for 2 yrs I will never own another BMW and I can't wait to get out from under this one. When you know the shop manager by first name you know you have a problem. I've never had to have a car in the shop as much as this one. Many many little problems. Nothing major yet but it's only a matter of time. Engine wise and driveability it's a great car, but something is always causing it to be in the shop. I also own a Lexus and NEVER have a problem. Bye Bye BMW

The Greatest Car I've owned
By Pedro on 07/06/06 08:23 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. I can rely on it, I can take it to its max, I can be a family man but I can also be a sports car driver.

Best car I've ever had
By jek1601 on 07/03/06 13:48 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After driving Honda Accords for many years, I finally decided to step it up and get a faster car. But was wary of rear wheel drive so went with the sedan AWD due to Chicago's snow. I have a 5 speed, which was ordered from Germany since the dealership didn't have one in stock. I've had the car three years now and don't regret my decision, even with gas prices so high. I get 25-27 MPG and with 38,000, I've had no problems with the car, other than occasional alignments. The car is fast, exp. with the 5 speed and cruises at 70-80 effortlessly. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves to drive.