2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great to drive, but some little problems
By bls on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for eight months, and every mile is a pleasure. I look for excuses to get into it. However, in that time, the hissing/crackling radio was replaced (took three trips to dealer: diagnosis, amplifier, radio); the fuel door opener broke; and now the interior sunroof panel doesn't track straight and the gas gauge is wrong (ran out of gas with 1/8 tank indicated). Sounds like a lot of problems, but they're all minor and none (except the hissing radio) detracted from the pleasure of driving, which is the main reason to have this car. I'm glad I bought it.

BMW 325XI (2.5 6 cyl)
By Wolfgang on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

1st & 2nd gear (manual trans) are very high RPM gears in my 325XI. You'll find that you'll need to run the tach to 3500 RPM or so to have the car accelerate at a decent rate. On the open road the car is an absolute blast. In 3rd through 5th gear the car really flies. Acceleration in 3rd - 5th gear is fast & responsive. Cornering is crisp & precise. The car is as air tight as a vacuum chamber making road noise is very low. It was suggested by the dealership that I run the AC unit with warm air during the winter to prevent condensation from forming on the inside (this actually happened to me).

That's it, BMW forever
By newbmwowner on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the first BMW that I have ever owned and I am sold for life. I have owned luxury vehicles (Mercedes and Jaguar) as well as a sports car (Honda S2000) and the BMW 325xi is the best of both worlds. I test drove the G35, A4, and X-type but none compared to 325xi. Also, I initially went to buy a 330xi but after driving both vehicles decided that the additional horsepower was not worth the additional cost. I have owned the 325xi for 3 months now and I am completely happy with my purchase.

Love the car but a little disappointed
By amagnus on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I special ordered my 325xi last summer and it came in just in time for winter. The car performed beautifully all winter and I am very glad I went with the AWD instead of the 3.0. My biggest disappointment is the fact that I have been having intermittent problems with the car for some time. I am bringing the car in for the first oil change in a couple of months (10,000 miles already) and I will have them look at it.

So far so good...
By Archnemesis101 on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned my 325xi for about 1 month now and I couldn't be happier. After slipping and sliding with a RWD Mercedes for the past 10 years, I desperately needed something with AWD but without the gas-guzzling atrocity of an SUV. This was a perfect compromise...a sedan with AWD that handles like a dream and yet has relatively good fuel economy. I can't wait to see how it handles in deep snowdrifts!! And on a superficial note, the car is a looker to say the least!

A drivers car
By Super Duper on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I recently purchased my first BMW. It is a 325xi 4dr sdn. It has more than met my expectations. I love to drive, and this is truly a driver's car. It is right where you put it. The journey is as important as the destination. This car makes the journey an experience. I can never go back to an "ordinary" car...

325xi
By sliderred on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car drives very smmothly & is very quiet. It handles like none of the cars I've ever driven

I LOVE IT!
By Tahorican on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Every time I drive my topaz blue baby I say "I love you!" out loud to it. It's so much fun to drive, so pretty to look at. Handles like a dream on twisty mountain roads and cruises smoothly and quietly on interstates. A true driver's car.

325 Xi
By Steve-O on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Well, I went and did it. This was my first non-American car. I have to admit, after driving it for a few weeks, I'm feeling a lot less guilty. Build one here, and I'd take it in a minute. What a fun car to drive! Smooth, tight, comfortable, quiet, plenty of pep. What more is there?

325 Xi
By steve-o on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)